GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help? :sadwavey:

Basically I'm STILL trying to find exactly what I need to get a pair of RS580's upto the spec I had originally seen results for (500+ whp/600fly BHP).

I've only found a few useful threads and the numbers vary from a dismal 450ps (440fly bhp) to a shocking 640ps (630bhp).

Now the spec of the turbo's are here: GT-R Turbos but I'm not all that competent in knowing what all the figures mean... In all honesty other than the "comments as a pair" reading ~560PS the rest means very little to me (I'm not a mechanic as you can tell sorry).

Not sure what I can offer much more (unless someone needs a full spec list) but stock R34 block (including headgasket), R33 transmission, I'll be running MAP sensors, 264in/272ex HKS cams, sard 800cc injectors, I'll likely run a single 044 fuel pump and Apexi pod filters. But when it comes to what PSI/BAR to run at, and if I should consider a better intercooler or thicker head gasket over stock for more pressure/lower compression... I have very little experience.

I'd like to be back on the road in the next 6-8 weeks so any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a PS...

Not sure if this was a type-0 and meant as RS581's? (which support more power)...
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/205845-post6.html

The best result I could aim for...
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/1161514-post4.html

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Yes I have.
I've been doing some more investigation and have come up with the following. (feel free to say I'm wrong)... but the turbo's max bar supported is 1.9 (based on the below) compressor graph, so a safe map would be around 1.6-1.7 from talking to a mapper. I'm still going off of hear say and the graph means very little to me (working on a T04B compressor housing and 60 trim)...

From here though I'm still keen to know if anyone else has experience of these or if I've fallen into an area of dodgy data? And of course anyone knowing what I may have missed.

The graph:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
A wing and a prayer....

You will really have to work hard to get these to push over 500hp at the wheels, your bolt ons sound about right, but you will have to run a lot of boost to get them there.
I predict 470hp at he wheels with what you are going to run.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...
Yeh I'm realising they aren't quite as well spec'd as I was lead to believe unless running more boost which I'm unsure of, though to be fair I should have done more research so only myself to blame. Still - thats not a figure too far from where I'd like to be.

With that said though, and keeping the block stock - whats your suggestion's for change? Other than running 1.9bar (which I'm now looking into what issues I'll have like bending a rod etc) :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
1.4 bar is stock piston limit I'm led to believe anything above that is forged although stock rods and uprated fasteners will hold 600+ hp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts