GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the fuel cut off switch on an R33 is?

My GTR just cut out after I booted it round a corner and it snapped violently back into line. I have been advised the fuel cut off could have been triggered, and will need resetting.

It turns over fine, and occasionally sounds like it is going to start, but doesn't, as if I have run out of fuel. I have over 1/2 tank.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am sure when I used to turn the key onto the on position (before turning over) I used to hear a click followed by the buzzing of the fuel pump for a couple of seconds while the fuel system was pressurized. At the moment I don't here any buzzing suggesting to me that there is a promblem with either the fuel pump or it's wiring.

Can someone confirm that there is a buzzing for a few seconds when the key is turned to on as the fuel system is pressurized.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Fuel Pump

Simon,
I think you are right, You will hear a hum for a few seconds when turning on the ignition, This will be the fuel pump working, If this doesn't happen then it could be the fuel pump fuse or the fuel pump itself. Sorry I can't be any more help.

PaulP.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed(ish) :D

Thanks guys.

I found the problem, it appears that an Amplifier mounted in the boot was not secure and has moved catching an earth wire or something from the fuel pump, leaving the pump without power.

With the help of Dragon Autosport I managed to run power direct to the fuel pump, and the car now runs okay. All I need to do now is get someone who knows what they are doing to find where the 'dodgy' earth is and fix it. This should be sorted tommorow. :D

Not a major problem then. The thing is with all the electronics etc in a GTR, is that when something stops working you can't help but thinking that it is going to be expensive. Fortunately this time it wasn't. I should learn to have faith in my beast ;).

Thanks again to Dragon Autosport and Spudgun for their help/advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts