GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, apologies for posting here. Just as I'd finished typing my thread for the SXOC.com board, it seems to have gone down, Typical!.. I'm posting here as an interim solution, as the wealth of knowledge you guys possess Nissan-wise is second to none, other than those on the SX forum who may've experienced the same. I'm in a bit of a fluster, because I'm really dreading this being something bad..

"Just coming back from doing a 'guest' ministry type thing at a Church in Witney, I'm kahooning along the A429(?) towards Cirencester, I get to Cirencester and hop on the 419 to bring me back to Swindon.. and..

Suddenly I'm fighting for acceleration.. my boost gauge is reading 0.04 MAXIMUM hkPa... and I'm just.. decelerating..

Get off the 419.. there is no boost whatsoever, when flooring it to a point where if I'd have lifted off before, it'd have gone PSTCHHHHSHHH... there is... silence...

Got home, 'popped the hood' and I can't see anything that could be the cause, No hoses that'd popped off, etc.

So help me, I'm so desperately hoping it's nothing too big, as quite simply, I fear it'll be the end of D and the 200SX as I quite frankly, can't afford any repairs at the moment :(

Any advice, or suggestions, please?

:( :( :( "

Any ideas guys? :(

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi D, it's Fatty here, Does it drive normally off boost? if so it could be a cracked intercooler pipe, check it all the way along to the IC, and back, it could also be a siezed turbine, but not that likely. Don't panick, wait untill SXOC's back up and ask the S13 boyz, b4 u commit it to the grave :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi m8y, noticed you were browsing and was hoping you'd reply :)

It drives alright, just.. well boost-less really, so sludgy as buggery. Would a cracked IC pipe also cause the pressure for the DV to be.. nonexistent?.

Going to go and have another look in a short while, but as I said, I couldn't see anything blatant, but my knowledge is limited anyway, so we shall see..

Thanks for the reply m8y. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts