GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some new rubber on my car but dont know what to get. i have on there at the moment yokohama A539's but which 1 of these shall i get?
Toyo Proxes T1-S Tyre,
Yokohama Parada Spec-2 Tyre,
Yokohama A539's again,
or any others whorth lookin at?
need size 215/45/17.
im after some with big grip for the winter and for dry roads but ones that arnt goin to wear out as soon as i drive them!
thanks for your help!
HnDeani.

·
Registered
870 Posts
My choice is the TOYO Proxes T1-R

They seem to last longer that the older T1-S

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for replying hmmm can get a set for 445 including vat and delivery from demon tweeks. can you get them cheaper elsewhere?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another source...

I got my Toyos T1Rs (which are excellent wet or dry) from Elite in Rainham, Essex. They did a great job and charged a total of £529 for my size, including balancing, fitting and 4 wheel alignment (£80). Take a look at their website (elitedirect.com) - it's useful.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I've got T1-S's and they're all good..

Going to get T1-R's next time as i think the tread looks better on them :)

Really reasonable price though, which is more than you can say for the Yokohama's..

Not that there's anything wrong with Yokohama's :smokin:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi ya thanks for the replys guys! i think ill go for the T1-R's
CliveJ- ill give them a shout although its a bit of a drive from me....ooo just looked and blimey! they really are cheaper! think ill be gettin on the phone haha. cheers buddy!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've personally decided to get a set of Kumho Ecsta SPTs - any negative experiences with them? Have Advan AD07s at the moment but would like something a little better in the wet as well as with better treadwear. Once I get around to getting a second set of rims, I'll go more specialized - all season high performance 265/35R18s and then 255/40R17 track tires, like Yoko A032Rs or Kumho Ecsta V710 slicks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.