GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just join GTROC and a waiting for my GTR. Would someone clarify the difference between the US vs Euro version. I notice on several online picture that 2012 comes with an F1 diffuser with light. Is these available for the US version? Premium or Black Edition.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hi all,

I just join GTROC and a waiting for my GTR. Would someone clarify the difference between the US vs Euro version. I notice on several online picture that 2012 comes with an F1 diffuser with light. Is these available for the US version? Premium or Black Edition.:wavey:
If you are talking about the rear diffuser they are the same AFAIK with the LED fog lamp at the bottom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arcam,

I was just in the dealer three premium unit Black, Super Silver and Red arrived. All three did not have LED lamp at it. Were you reffering to the BLACK EDITION? I place a down for the White Black Edition.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Arcam,

I was just in the dealer three premium unit Black, Super Silver and Red arrived. All three did not have LED lamp at it. Were you reffering to the BLACK EDITION? I place a down for the White Black Edition.
It depends on which lap you are talking about, the 2011 model had front daytime running LEDs and a rear carbon diffuser with LED fog lamp, so I can only assume you are talking about the pre 2011 model (2012 in the US), in which case you are correct they do not have the carbon or LEDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It depends on which lap you are talking about, the 2011 model had front daytime running LEDs and a rear carbon diffuser with LED fog lamp, so I can only assume you are talking about the pre 2011 model (2012 in the US), in which case you are correct they do not have the carbon or LEDs.
Thank you for your reply, I was reffering to the 2012. Why did they left it out? I guess aftermarket is the way to go.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Thank you for your reply, I was reffering to the 2012. Why did they left it out? I guess aftermarket is the way to go.:rolleyes:
You are welcome ***61514;

Well before the 2012 US model they did not have them either, it is a requirement on all new vehicles from 2012 to have daytime running lamps, the rear carbon diffuser was a model change enhancement for the MY2011 UK or 2012 US version.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
JDM,ADM,and EDM UK,IE,CY and MA has the steering on the good side all the rest 70% on the wrong side.

US models does not have fog diffuser. not a requirement in the US.

and no headlight washers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There are minor differences in engine mapping too, OBD II stuff, the US has more fault codes and emissions logic related to MAF sensors and evaporative emissions. They don't get the pop up bonnet either.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nothing? Is this a slow message forum?
Are you after a picture of the bonnet pop up system? If you search the Forum you will come across a few pics after it has deployed.

The pre US MY2012 does not have it fitted, I don't know if the 2012 model has it now at standard in the US.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Are you after a picture of the bonnet pop up system? If you search the Forum you will come across a few pics after it has deployed.

The pre US MY2012 does not have it fitted, I don't know if the 2012 model has it now at standard in the US.
haah my fault. JDM versions are required to have this system.

USDM - not required.

EDM - required

ADM - required.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts