GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear GTR site members.

I am sure that our hearts and thoughts go out to the people of the US with regards to the cowardly acts we saw in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania that were commited on innocent american citizens yesterday.

We do have a few US people on this site and therefore I feel it is appropriate for us to let the americans here know that we in the UK do take this personally and hope the casualty figures are not too high and that those not losing their lives make good their recovery.

Excuse me for posting this on General Chit Chat but didn't have anywhere else.

Yours.

Glen.

·
Registered
865 Posts
As I have no doubt Bin Laden has a part in this, it was thought he was to blame for the Oklohoma bombing and he wasn't, it was American citizens. I know I would want to unleash a wrath of hate and war on ppl that did this, but I just hope they can wait and know for sure who it was.

In Afghanistan another faction party has been trying to bring down the Tele Bahn overnight in Kabul, so part of that country fears for it safety and want to kill of the threat to save themselves before the USA goes full steam ahead.

The 4th plane that crashed in Pitsburg is said to have been brought down early because a mobile call from that plane said they were going to try and un arm the hijackers as they only had knifes, if that be the case then huge bravery on there behalf.

Another sky scrapper came down overnight that was next to the WTC due to the blast and shockwaves.

Death toll will be huge as there were around 260 on the planes, 300 firemen misssing, 72 policemen missing, one women who owned a company and was based at the WTC said all 1200 of her employees are missing, 800 feared dead at the Pentagon, and there are still bigger numbers, as when those planes fully loaded with fuel crashed into the WTC it sent a huge fire ball to at least 8 floors, and as said no way down past where the planes crashed.

Trully shocked, its like coming out of the cinema and thinking was that real or not? My thoughts and prayers goes out to ppls loved ones, familys, friends, and the rescue services that have a huge task ahead of them, my God be with them!

Rich J

·
Registered
10 Posts
deepest condolences from australia.
my heart goes out to all involved.
whenever i see the footage it just makes me think how inhumane humanity can really be.
but to see the world help and come together makes it some what better.

ICEGTR.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Life is cruel

My mum died of cancer on saturday. It is a shock to witness yesterdays events when I am still grieving. I expected my mum to pass away as she was living on borrowed time but these innocent people were not. There are a lot of people in mine and my dads position now and my heart goes out to them. I cannot understand why people would want to do this. I have found many friends since I bought by GTr and joined this forum. It is a shame that there are others in the world that cannot do good but only bad......

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Absolutely shocking! I followed the events after the first crash on CNN until 3 am last night. Unbelievable series of events that go to show that no one is safe until such fanaticism is present in the world.
Terrible loss of lives both in New York and Washington. It is estimated 800 people are missing from the Pentagon, and the toll in NY keep on rising. Japanese TV also reported that 500 Japanese people work in the WTC buildings, and that no one has yet been found.

Deepest condolences to the people involved/affected by this disaster.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Spookey.

My thoughts go out to everyone in the US.

But I hope this is a coincedence:

Nostradamus' prediction on WW3:

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."
"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- NOSTRADAMUS

He said this will be bigger than the previous two.
2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month.
New York is located at the 41st degree Latitude.

Like RichJ said, Let hope they take their time and get the right people.

Other wise our Skylines will be the last of our worries.

Lets hope Nostradamus got it wrong.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Its all very sad and no matter how big u think u are brings a tear to your eye as no-one stood a chance.

The poor ppl on them planes will have gone through something I would not wish on my enemy!

If there is a God how could any religion condone such a thing, I just hope they can get to as many ppl that are alive in the rubble.
Just feel useless as you can't do anything apart from keep some hope!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Scott I read about that earlier today and its scary stuff as to my knowledge all his predictions have come true.

I just hope they go for sanctions or throught courts other than war!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers

I can only add to the condolancies posted above.

I was thoroughly shocked to see the images and still can't believe it happened. This is a Tom Clancy novel, but with real consequences. I have friends and work colleagues in Washington and can only hope and pray that all are well.

I just hope we get the right people for this...but saying that any terrorist is valid prey.

Again, I'd just like to add to the sentiments posted above....lost for words.

Dave,

Sorry to hear of your loss mate....

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Here we are a day later and I'm still watching it n TV and can't believe wha I am seeing. It's like a scene from some Hollywood movie - only this time it's for real.

Whoever perpetrated this act must be caught and the due processes must be allowed to take place. It is all too easy to get angry and seek revenge, let's hope a stronger sense prevails.

This has been a world-changing event. Let us hope that those in the position to do so look at the causes and not just the events themselves.

Our thoughts should be with those suffering and grieving right now.

Dave - Our thoughts go out to you as well.

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would like to join all of you guys in expressing my sorrow to this tragedy. I really hope i can do something to help. Right now all i can offer is my condolancy and prayer to the victims. Let's hope for the best and not let this tragedy become a reason to start a war.
Best of luck to those who get away.

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
even from as far away as New Zealand the shock is evident here. People were only getting up and ready for work when they heard it on radio/morning TV yesterday. Personally I just couldn't believe it when my flatmate ran in and told me. It only really sunk in when seeing the horrific footage. Driving on the way to work you could just sense the feelings from the way people sat at their wheels.

My heart and thoughts go out to those individuals, their families and work collegaues involved.

God help us that no more acts of this nature are ever committed again. Hopefully this will bring humanity closer together and stop some the senseless violence.

One shocked Kiwi who is glad to be living on a rock at the ass end of the earth..
Rowan

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The attacks of cowards has not only been felt by us, but the entire world. I hope that someday the whole world could be at peace, but it always seems that some entities will never let that be.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My deepest condolence to all Americans, particularly those whose family members,relatives or friends perish in the atack. It is a montrosity and an affront to all of us and humanity in general. If it was carried out by religious fanatics, I don't think their interpretation of that religion is correct. No religion condones nor demand that kind of act. The shockwave is felt everywhere and on Wed morning in KL, the Petronas Twin Towers had to be evaquated because of a bomb threat. A Citibank branch and IBM Tower over here also had bomb scare. I am sad, so sad, that no words could describe it. I just pray that Americans would have the will power and strenght to overcome this tragedy and the level headedness to handle this properly.
There are about 31 M'sian working in the WTC and right now 12 are still missing. This proves that this attack has far and overreaching consequences.

·
Registered
85 Posts
And Davewilkins, I am sorry to hear about your mother's demise. My condolence to you and your family.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The attack on freedom

As some of you already know I work for the American peace keeping forces in Germany.

We have all here been affected permanently by this cowardly attack on freedom.

Personally I was happy to hear from my 2 friends that work at the Pentagon, but was informed that 2 colleagues have been injured, lets wish them a speedy recovery.

I have a good friend from New York that has both family and friends missing. He is going through hell right now hoping that his cousin is one of the surviving rescue workers. He is also holding onto the hope that there will be friends of his among the survivors that will be rescued in the next few days.

For my dear friend John T, the daily trauma of this attack will not be over for weeks to come.

My utter respect goes out those brave search and rescue people that are working tirelessly around the clock.

The security measures for the US forces have become similar the conditions British forces have lived with for years under the threat from the IRA.

There are under funded, understaffed, security agents working around the clock to ensure that the right people that are responsible for the cowardly act are brought to justice, making this a safer world for the rest of us, lest hope they are successful in their mission.

There is one last disturbing point that the media is not reporting, that is the number of Arabic men waving national flags openly in Germany, celebrating this attack. I can only wonder what goes through their minds as not understand the evil in such things, in their own countries people are killed for less.

Thank you for having this posting.

Now I need to find out where in Germany I can get my Skyline Serviced, life goes on. :D

Regards Paul.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
USA

I would just like to add my deepest condolence to everyone involved on Tuesday.

I had have had the unforgetable sites burned in my mind forever.

I do not wish to see senseless violence like this ever again.

Let us hope that more people are found in the coming days.

America my thoughts are with you !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts