GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used one of these in the car?

Was thinking of buying one to run iPod for music and also charge my htc phone.

Don't want to use the cigarette plug as a charger.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My iPhone was always plugged in, but sometimes the music randomly stops... then I can't get it to play again :S no idea why this is, but it is really Fkin annoying! I've started taking my iPad for music because of it

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
My iPhone was always plugged in, but sometimes the music randomly stops... then I can't get it to play again :S no idea why this is, but it is really Fkin annoying! I've started taking my iPad for music because of it
Yep, I've noticed that too, seems to happen only when on long drives though.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stupid phone.

Never copied the link.

Should be a link to a USB splitter.

Would a USB splitter allow charging of one phone and music from another?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Depends how the splitter is wired up. If one of the outputs has the data wire connected then you should still be able to play music with one of your devices whilst charging the other.

The USB splitters I've seen so far though are power only which would stop the music from streaming...unless you connect via Bluetooth which I find works really well.

I'm not sure what would happen if you got a small USB hub instead. I doubt the car could see more than one device and may even choose to not see anything plugged in to it.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends how the splitter is wired up. If one of the outputs has the data wire connected then you should still be able to play music with one of your devices whilst charging the other.

The USB splitters I've seen so far though are power only which would stop the music from streaming...unless you connect via Bluetooth which I find works really well.

I'm not sure what would happen if you got a small USB hub instead. I doubt the car could see more than one device and may even choose to not see anything plugged in to it.
Yeah that's what my initial thoughts were. I can always try and make a connector up

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Wmd, I used to get that problem with iPod touch. Then I did update via the 2012 or what ever year they were maps and the system has been great. Never cuts out now ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wmd, I used to get that problem with iPod touch. Then I did update via the 2012 or what ever year they were maps and the system has been great. Never cuts out now ;)
Is this a satnav update?
How do you know which version is installed and how do you go about installing the latest update?

Cheers,
M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts