GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
congrats to Mike smith, 200plus member and USC winner yet again, 11.8s and 122mph (ish)
another good week for skyline owners!
rgds
chris m

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Well done to Mike again.
Thanks Mike for the coaching again. Even though I don't have the multiplate clutch I had at Banzai day, I went slightly quicker than that at 12.827 so I am pleased.
Other skylines were R32GTR, R32 GTS and R33 GTR(Richard Bell).
Did Richard go faster than 12.3 as I did not see all of his runs?
Dave

·
Registered
932 Posts
My best time of the day was the 12.3 as after that I couldn`t stop my clutch slipping!!! Can`t wait the the old tripple plate to arrive as this Paddle is doing my head in!!

Well done mike I`m well impressed. I wonder where I came over the whole weekend !!! Can`t have been too far behind.

Richard

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Clutch

Richard,

I hope you are getting the OS Giken, it's a dream clutch, much better than my HKS Triple that was so bad I had it removed.

Guy

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yep thats the one I`m getting. I`m hoping it will not engage as rough as my paddle as its a night mare in traffic etc. If the clutch works in your beast i`m sure its going to be plenty good enough for mine :D

Richard

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was there

I was there on Sunday. Didn't see Mike run, but I saw Richard's car (how could I miss it :) ) do the 12.3.

I hung around your car at lunch time for a bit Richard, but didn't see you. There was one guy who was hanging around your car, so I assumed it was you and asked if it was his car, he responded: "No. I wish mate, I would do anything for this car". Hehe :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Clutch

I have the HKS twin plate which I used to hate and anyone who drives my car says is really bad, but I am just about used to it now. I think it was all the practice I got while spending 3 hours in queuing traffic the other month that did it. :D

Even Rod Bell said that the HKS' are really difficult to use, and struggled to drive my car without stalling / kangarooing. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts