GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just about to have TR Racing install a 50 shot of NOS (fogger system) and was wondering about others techniques for use on the drag strip :confused:

Do people generally use this from the launch all the way to the end of the strip or is it used once the car is launched and finding traction?

Thoughts appreciated :cool:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Use it to build boost and launch the car. That where the big gains are to be found. It doent make much difference at all if you push it half way down the strip.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The sooner you use it the better your results will be, hitting it just before you leave will get it right up on boost/torque and help get a heavy car leaving hard.

Rob

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
with a 50 shot, when the fogger is triggered, does timing need to be retarded as well? Or do timing adjustments only come into play with much larger doses of nitrous?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sooner you use it the better your results will be, hitting it just before you leave will get it right up on boost/torque and help get a heavy car leaving hard.

Rob
Thanks Rob. In full street trim so need some help to get that lardy arse off the line ;)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with a 50 shot, when the fogger is triggered, does timing need to be retarded as well? Or do timing adjustments only come into play with much larger doses of nitrous?
Not sure on that Toby. Tweenie is going to set up the NOS so that it will only activate with the race gas on the race fuel map (this will also save me a fortune on NOS as there will be no temptation to use it on the road) :chuckle:

So I guess that Tweenie will be controlling all of the parameters through the FCON software to make sure that it is all safe :bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
saw your gtr at tracing on thurs with a note on the passenger seat saying "fit NOS" nice car
Thanks Dennis. Sounds like I gotta hit the big button and hold on tight :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
With a medium power engine I'd personally be going for much more than a 50hp shot, it won't be enough to "really" make it worth it, it'll be cool and all that and it will help your times a little but IMO go with 100-125hp through a single fogger and make it worth the exercise, you could drop around a second off your time with good traction and a well tuned 125 shot.

Rob

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With a medium power engine I'd personally be going for much more than a 50hp shot, it won't be enough to "really" make it worth it, it'll be cool and all that and it will help your times a little but IMO go with 100-125hp through a single fogger and make it worth the exercise, you could drop around a second off your time with good traction and a well tuned 125 shot.

Rob
Well if it was up to me Rob I would go for a 200 shot :flame: but I need to be sensible and listen to Tweenie :D:D:D He is obviously driven by reliability as much as performance and I am happy to go with his recommendations whatever they are. I can't wait to give it a go at York in two weeks time though :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts