GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so there I am, out on some or other A road between Bath and Chippenham going nowhere but keen to get to the end of my 1200 mile run in period. Optimisation booked for the 18th, 150 miles short, won’t take long. I’d been taking it easy through the villages but being generous with the proverbial beans on the unrestricted roads.

In my short life with the GTR, I’ve got used to more than a few boy racers trying it on. Normally I can leave them stalled in my rear view mirror and it’s true to say I have got used to this. So when some bright xenon lights came up behind me in a village I changed down in anticipation for the National Speed limit sign 100 yards ahead.

Flooring the throttle even now I have grown to know the beast it unleashes never ceases to amaze me and I have to admit I was looking forward at the fast approaching right hand bend and not in my mirror. As I went round the corner I was amazed to see the chap behind right up close… I nearly took a double take although if I had a might have lost it as there was a fast left bend to follow.

Hmmm… the force is strong in this one, I thought…. Or should that have been the other way round? Anyway, enough of the 80’s flash back, sod this I thought so more beans required. No use, he was right there all the way. About 4 miles later, left turn on to duel carriageway. Slip lane to the left so take it pretty quick, straight in to the right lane to overtake some other traffic.

Half a mile later I have to pull left and let him past… you see I’m still running in and the speeds are getting silly. Indicate left, he come past… what is it?... it’s another bloody GTR. So if it was you, in the titanium or gun metal R35 on some road between Bath and Chippenham Thursday night about 7.30pm… I’m still running in, Comfort mode and my license is clean (for now) and that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You ought to be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!

Its people like you who give us R35 drivers a bad name, just imagine if it had been some prick in a 997TT behind and you didn't manage to pull away:mad: the absolute shame of it all.

R up and throw caution to the wind in future:smokin:
Haha, classic. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
LOL thats classic. :D

That made me think back to few weeks ago on my drive back from Edinburgh one evening, when I was also in the running in process and remember some bright lights coming up fast and thought what is it ?.It appeared to be so wide and big and has it overtook I smiled as I saw GTR go past and thought crikey is the car really that wide because whaen your driving it doesn't feel so. :nervous:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You ought to be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!

Its people like you who give us R35 drivers a bad name, just imagine if it had been some prick in a 997TT behind and you didn't manage to pull away:mad: the absolute shame of it all.

R up and throw caution to the wind in future:smokin:
I was and I am... honestly, if I wasn't running it in I'd have hit the R's and settled back for some serious fun... I know, I know I whimped out... :rolleyes:

Sorry; I have let you all down....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did something similar only never saw the headlights again until I left the carriageway and then halfway up the slip road they reappeared with Blue ones in the grill let me off with a fixed penalty (3 points £60) said he got me in 3 figures so thought best to take my punishment Just gave me (and I hope others) a gentle reminder that these Cars are license losers in seconds so until I know exactly what’s behind now I tend to adhere to the speed limits

·
Registered
522 Posts
I feel that I am representing every other GTR old and new . . be it a boy racer in a corsa VXR, an irrate commuter in a 5 litre beemer, a Yamaha R6 or a 997TT . . . . no1 is coming past! They can enjoy the sounds of my Milltek from behind.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you could argue that we are supporting the need for Tax income for the somewhat bankrupt country of ours. Petrol tax and speeding fines… we are just going "our bit"… in return for a GTR Grin!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmmm ... does that mean there are at least 3 GT-Rs near to Chip'num???

I would have said it was me behind you, but mine is white ... and I'm a pussy! :D
Not far, other side of Bath... I wonder out that way when I'm out and about... I like the A420 apart from those yellow things that flash at you...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts