GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
They seem to be going up and up and up.

but are they selling?

Not that I would even consider selling mine.....even if v power is £2.07 a litre:mad:
Yep, they are. Sold my 3 weeks ago, 66 plate in Katsura orange with Litchfield FHS, 45k on the clock the same day, basically without even running adds properly, and had 2 buyers in line ion the first would fall out.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Yep, they are. Sold my 3 weeks ago, 66 plate in Katsura orange with Litchfield FHS, 45k on the clock the same day, basically without even running adds properly, and had 2 buyers in line ion the first would fall out.
Good to hear the market is still there.. congrats on the sale.
Hope you got your asking price. (y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good to hear the market is still there.. congrats on the sale.
Hope you got your asking price. (y)
Tin,
I think I asked to low but wasn't looking to earn the money on the car. Most probably looking at the market I could as for 5-7k more but the car end up in really good hands so im happy that the current user was happy. He did point to me that the car was without PPF and few chips was there but with the asking price he knew he was getting really good deal, especially that I drive like a old man and now shocker......I Have never tried launch control on my car....:oops:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm looking to sell mine - which is a 2017 Recaro Edition in the rare Deep Pearl Blue with 32K miles.

See my other post for more information.
The less modified it s the quicker you will sell in my opinion. Looking at the experience o selling my one last month every buyer was asking me if the car has any. modification and that they were interested in mostly stock cars (full service etc in place obviously )

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wonder if that has always been the case, my impression was that modified cars sold well so perhaps this is an indication that the profile of the average buyer is changing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most probably, I think we reaching out to level that we prefer stock versions and doing the car to our liking rather than buying a car that someone already was "playing with"
We have to take to account that not everyone will go with good mods but sometimes will choose cheep option(my personal cringe is where is see 15 different gauges in a car all over the place, don't mind 2-3 tastefull ones that serve the purpose) , cut corners and very often their focus is on pooowweeeerrrr forgetting about other parts that may fail if not done properly. The stuff cost money, we all know that

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Modifications done by a reputable tuner shouldn't affect the value in a negative way. Places like WBAC/Motorway etc won't give anything extra for factory fitted options on most cars, and certainly you'll be better off de-tuning the car (4.25 is relatively simple bolton mods).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cheapest my17 on Autotrader is 82 grand it would seem

thats a whopping 17k more than I paid 4 years ago for mine(stock) with full ppf and the service plan included!

...while wbac are offering 3k above what I paid.Interesting times perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Prices are on the up for sure, but I think a lot of the dealers are overly inflating their asking prices. These cars haven't been in massive demand the last 3 or 4 years witnessed by the low amount of new sales. To then add another 25% on top of the prices when new seems strange and I don't believe they will sell for anything near those prices. If people didn't fancy paying x amount to buy new, why would they pay a massive premium to buy secondhand? Nismo maybe, collectors will always pay for very best examples, but anything else, not well over the odd, doesn't make sense.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,451 Posts
Ah, the old Modified Car Paradox:

Everyone wants to buy an unmodified one so they can modify it themselves.

And then wonder why other people don't want to buy their modified car.

See also the Army, Taxation and Wages for other examples.

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
General shortage of new cars has people willing to pay more for what’s here. Not really sure why that should impact on gtrs though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Strange, when I bought mine everyone was after stage 4.25 ( including myself). Why would you want a stock car unless you want to keep it in the garage as an investment or never launch it, never put it on RRR and drive it 500miles per year to car meets only :) .

·
Registered
27,466 Posts
Strange, when I bought mine everyone was after stage 4.25 ( including myself). Why would you want a stock car unless you want to keep it in the garage as an investment or never launch it, never put it on RRR and drive it 500miles per year to car meets only :) .
thsts exactly what I did. It was my commuting car

·
Premium Member
6,393 Posts
A mate of mine that is a car dealer reckons the used market is about to crash unless it is rare or very very high end.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Because performance as delivered is adequate.

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
A mate of mine that is a car dealer reckons the used market is about to crash unless it is rare or very very high end.
I don’t think that will happen still a lot of demand and short supply. Interest rates are still fairly low too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts