GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to get access to all the maps and settings that the tuners can play with using ECUTEK software.

Is there an upgraded license for an individual car that can be purchased that gives you full access to all the maps?

Have to say am missing the functionality that comes with Motec ECU's

Thanks

Hugh

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Graham,

Rod has a fantastic way of mapping a car, have spent hours doing it on my own and also with him mapping beside me, he really has a great skill when it comes to making a fast car driveable off boost never mind once on boost. Really find it hard to describe how he has a knack of getting the car to feel more lively.

What I want access to is the additional maps for traction control etc. and wondered if ECUTEK offer a license to allow access to all the maps so that you can play with them yourself?

Cheers

Hugh

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You would need the tuner software Hugh, it's not something they sell to the public though.

As for traction that is controlled by the Nissan TCM not the ECU.

Speak to Tim Radley at Race Developments, you can get all your Motec functionality back with a MoTeC M1 ECU package.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Would like to get access to all the maps and settings that the tuners can play with using ECUTEK software.

Is there an upgraded license for an individual car that can be purchased that gives you full access to all the maps?

Have to say am missing the functionality that comes with Motec ECU's

Thanks

Hugh
You can't get EcuTek tuners software unless you're a proven tuner and meet Ecutek criteria, IIRC.

I'd look at Syvecs for the GTR. The fastest GTR's in the world are running Syvecs, and it's got UK based support.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
You would need the tuner software Hugh, it's not something they sell to the public though.

As for traction that is controlled by the Nissan TCM not the ECU.

Speak to Tim Radley at Race Developments, you can get all your Motec functionality back with a MoTeC M1 ECU package.
traction control is ecm

master tuners can sell software to tuners. Hugh knows his stuff. currently it is a full tuning suite to tune any number of gtr's, but as like with the EcuTeK BRZ retail edit it would be good to see ecutek release something similar to AccessTUNER race so owners if they wanted to could tune their own.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Hugh,

did you get any joy?

S
Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Not got found a way past this particular problem yet.

Got some modifications in the pipeline so that I can take the car on track with a bit more power.

Will see what it feels like and plan from there.

Cheers

Hugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts