GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the fancy ecu's eg motec800 can controll all you like at the ecu,

how would i add in a Nitrous switch to a power fc -d-jetro [no afm type] and what sort of kit is best for me, i want [3500rpm to 4500rpm window of n2o on W.O.T] was thinking a 75 to 100bhp single fogger shot before intercooler [to mix better ?] or after IC as is ususally done. id rather not go 6-port due to cost as due to the relativly small amount of N2o used....?

but still be a safe tune as it is at the moment.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
maybe a standalone nitrous controller would be easier, cheaper, and safer. Nitrous makes me nervous and I haven't had the greatest luck in the past with my car (although it's now over a year without any engine problems). But a mild shot like you say, 75 or 100, up to 4500~5000rpm cutoff, activated with TPS from 75~100%, would give the car a lot of bottle-fed V8-like grunt. The way I drive (and how relatively rarely I give it full throttle), I'd probably be refilling the bottle every couple of months at most.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
if you hit an RB26 with 100 shot nitrous, how many degrees timing do you have to retard when you're on the bottle?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
100 shot is a far bit, probably a bit much to be hitting at 3500 on a mild 26, I also guarantee once you use it you will NOT shut it off at 4500-5000 either.

Don't take any notice of the jet sizes Holley say give X amount of gain either, if you take their 100 and add it at 3500rpm you'll be in pieces on the side of the road in no time.

Rob

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Rob, what do you think would be a good shot size then? I've got no experience with NOS whatsoever.

I once saw a video on YouTube.. "How to remove your upper manifold with NOS"... Very impressive!

Marc

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for info so far,

100 shot is a far bit, probably a bit much to be hitting at 3500 on a mild 26, I also guarantee once you use it you will NOT shut it off at 4500-5000 either.

Don't take any notice of the jet sizes Holley say give X amount of gain either, if you take their 100 and add it at 3500rpm you'll be in pieces on the side of the road in no time.

Rob
Rob what is the answer i need with the xxbhp shot and rpm, 4k+ on a 50shot etc gt42 size turbo?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also i will definatly shut it off when it reaches full boost / near full boost, its simply to get off the line in 1st gear quick, and a quick shot to bring in the power 1000rpm or [more] so faster - for the different styles of driving. that way 1 bottle £££ should last a while.

what kits do you use on yours NOS, Zex, WON etc?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I use NOS, always have and although some say there are better kits out there I'm yet to see one I'd change to.

A well tuned 75 shot will wake up pretty much any RB no matter the power or turbo used.

Rob

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Shall I, Shant I...........nah, leave well enough alone...........

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
how about a 50 shot, injected right after the intercooler?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shall I, Shant I...........nah, leave well enough alone...........
thanks for the info rob.

If the above quote is about WON kits, if you'd rather pm me some info it would be appreciated.

i dont want to blow up my RB ;)

cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
No need for a PM, I'm not commenting what IMO are any particular brands Pro's and con's, a couple of threads have started like this and gone no-where fast.

As soon as some basic facts start being brought up it always fizzles out.

For what you want, I'm sure pretty much any brand will be fine.

Rob

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how about a 50 shot, injected right after the intercooler?
I was thinking injecting before the intercooler will not only mix better, but also chill the metal of the IC, so when then Nitrous shuts off with the window switch - the further boosted air is extra cooled?

is that a good idea???

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No need for a PM, I'm not commenting what IMO are any particular brands Pro's and con's, a couple of threads have started like this and gone no-where fast.

As soon as some basic facts start being brought up it always fizzles out.

For what you want, I'm sure pretty much any brand will be fine.

Rob
ok thanks for your prompt reply :thumbsup:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
141 Posts
I run a 100shot SP on my 350z with a maximiser controller.

WON is the BEST brand imo... not only is the products great, but the controllers are definately the most sophisticated and the support is AMAZING! anything you need, you just post on their forum, no taboo topics! And it's british! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
thanks will check it out, is your engine standard? [no forged parts piston/conrod etc]
Yep, stock internals... and really the VQ35DE doesn't have the best internals if i'm honest (esp the rods).

RB26DETT should be a million times better and you could go 150 - 200 shot without any issues! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts