GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I ordered a touch-up kit from my HPC to repair a very small "graze" from closing the garage door on the rear wing, and a couple of minor stone chips on the front.

The kit has arrived and is two bottles, the paint (KH3 Black) and clear-coat.

I have used the usual touch-up pens before on other cars, with not too impressive results, but never a two-part kit before.

I am assuming you just use the paint to fill the scratch/chip, followed by the clear coat, but was wondering if anyone has any tips for ensuring a decent finish.

I recall reading previous articles on using the paint in several stages and "rubbing down" with a dual action machine polisher (which I have) between stages - but not sure whether this is applicable here and how needing to add the clear coat changes things?!

Has anybody got any good advice?

Many thanks,

Ben.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Like most people I guess ? I have done more than my fair share of touch ups to paint work over the years and have done a nice job on the majority ......... But confess when the touch ups are tiny (seed size) I do not use the clear coat but on any larger chips I do, it takes a steady hand with not to much paint on the touch up brush, and build the layers up if required .......... this for me has always given me satisfactory results ... then it depends on how anal you are about these things has to whether this would satisfy you :D

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Search on the Detailing World forums. :D

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
I used the Nissan 2 part touch up paint on my many stone chips, and frankly it looks shite.

I was expecting at least some improvement but I'd say it looks worse. Looks like I'll be respraying soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts