GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
No but mid range turbos and a good setup will make it more drivable.

Anyway, I'd go for the V-Cam but I'm poor! Lol
It's not something that I would start with but when you have enough power then you can think about getting more drivability :)

It's a lot of money but it does a big difference.

Next year I can show you a log on how much it does on spool with quite a large turbo.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
RB30 - RB32, best of all worlds :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i did think about it but want to keep with the RB26 (for this project)

my mate on the other hand may be in touch at some-point lol

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Strangely enough one of the most potent R34 GTRs I've seen over here is a RB26/30 with -5s and VCAM pro.

Truly best of both worlds, if only lacking that little bit extra the 3.2L stroker offers haha
-5s on a RB30 with V-cam must be deadly down low but surely it would have run out of puff from 6500-7000rpm if it had a decent head etc on it?

Imagine -10s on a RB32 with V-cam, now your talking!! :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
-5s on a RB30 with V-cam must be deadly down low but surely it would have run out of puff from 6500-7000rpm if it had a decent head etc on it?

Imagine -10s on a RB32 with V-cam, now your talking!! :chuckle:
Nah, you can keep your antique -10s......I'll have that setup with a BW 9180 !:clap:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
yeah big single is realy not my thing (for this BHP range and use)
.....well it will out spool and make more HP than the -10s.

I would be pretty confident that for every twin combo, there will now be a new tech single that will out perform them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
.....well it will out spool and make more HP than the -10s.

I would be pretty confident that for every twin combo, there will now be a new tech single that will out perform them.
Bang on! Sub boy!

Single is so much better!

I could get a single spooling as early as twins on a 2.6...

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Nah, you can keep your antique -10s......I'll have that setup with a BW 9180 !:clap:
Lol, yeah I know they are old, my point was that the -5s were way too small, not that the -10s were the best option, you know I'm a big single fan too :)

Rob

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Lol, yeah I know they are old, my point was that the -5s were way too small, not that the -10s were the best option, you know I'm a big single fan too :)

Rob
:chuckle: yeah, after going single I would never go back:bowdown1:

21 - 40 of 139 Posts