GTR Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
3,663 Posts
OK, guess the best place to ask this...

What improvements should I see on this, adding a V-Cam?
twin turbo -5s.

move the the torque curve 1000 rpm to the left and keep the same top end figure.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
I heard they did a proto type but I could not find anything else bout it ?

I will keep looking, thanks
Is it perhaps because it would be of little benefit on a turbocharged engine.

With the SR20s there was a VVTL version called the SR16/20VE which was VVTL on both intake and exhaust. There was a (factory) turbocharged version of this engine called the SR20VET in I think the X-Trail. From what I remember the VET only had VVTL on the intake and nothing on the exhaust. The suggestion I read was that for a turbo you want to have the exhaust open as much as practical.

Is that correct or was it just a cost saving measure or some such I'll leave to others.

3,663 Posts
3,663 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
The RB25 VCT system has apparently been adapted to the RB26 head in the past with some good results so I've heard. I think Red R Racing in Australia have a kit for this

If you can read japanese, these fellas do it too: ƒp�[ƒc&ƒ�ƒjƒ…�[
I have an Rb25det head on an Rb30 bottom end with the NVCS working and the response is excellent!
As far as the single vs twin debate is concerned I personally prefer a single, but I'm aware that as soon as the exhaust cam timing is greater than 240degrees there's the problem of the exhaust gasses from one cylinder upsetting another, this is not a problem for twin setups.
I wonder how the different designs of exhaust manifold would affect the V cam results, as I suspect it maybe of more benefit to those using a single turbo with long manifold runners compared to those using twins.

·
Registered
141 Posts
V cam

here is the result of the 3.2 stroker build

What I am wondering is, what would a HKS step 2 or Pro Vcam do for this build, has anyone got a back to back on a 3.2 stroker and then adding a Vcam with exactly the same mods ?

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
My friend at Rising in Japan has adapted a VVT Exhaust set up to his RB26, says his car is wicked fast, it was a custom job he did all the work him self, a lot of 1 off stuff was needed but its a working system.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts