GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled up in Liphook this morning (A3 services going north) and the pump for V Power has 99 written on it.

First time I've noticed this - anyone know if it is a general change or just marketing.

AM

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Filled up in Liphook this morning (A3 services going north) and the pump for V Power has 99 written on it.

First time I've noticed this - anyone know if it is a general change or just marketing.

AM
From the Shell website:

High performance fuel formulated for enhancing power delivery
Shell V-Power is also a high performance fuel (99 RON) designed to help you get the most out of every drop. Shell V-Power is formulated to reduce friction between the cylinder and piston rings, a critical area of the engine where lubrication is difficult to achieve. It's designed to help the engine turn more freely, and so help transfer energy from the fuel to the wheels more efficiently.

Don't remember it being 99 last time I got some?

Dave.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
V-Power has been out a fair while now. I thought Optimax had been replaced altogether. Optimax itself was 98.6 so it may just be a name change. Thought V-Power had always been 99.

·
Registered
998 Posts
V-Power has been out a fair while now. I thought Optimax had been replaced altogether. Optimax itself was 98.6 so it may just be a name change. Thought V-Power had always been 99.
Yea im sure V-power was introduced always as a 99RON petrol.

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
V Power is 99ron - SUL (even the BP stuff) is 97.

·
Registered
411 Posts
strange that 99 at the pump is new there, we've had 100 for a few years now and its only a few cents more expensive than 98

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It is supposed to be an improvement on 'Optimax' higher octane 99 and some
new cleaning agent which does wonders for your engine.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
V Power's always been 99ron (well since I bought my first Skyline in 2006), like Tesco 99ron but Total's 97ron, Texaco's 97ron.
I think most of the super unleaded are 97ron in the UK except for Shell & Tesco.

Back home we had the choice of 95ron or 98ron for over 12 years

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
V Power's always been 99ron (well since I bought my first Skyline in 2006), like Tesco 99ron but Total's 97ron, Texaco's 97ron.
I think most of the super unleaded are 97ron in the UK except for Shell & Tesco.

Back home we had the choice of 95ron or 98ron for over 12 years
Sorry bud you are wrong optimax in uk was 98 now v power is 99.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
For what it's worth my friend filled up at Shell in Gateshead and it was 99RON there because I actually commented on it as he was filled up (at 107.9p!)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I also noticed this last weekend at my local shell.

I thought Vpower was just a rebrand of Optimax not a new fuel. Optimax was 98 ron and the smell was awesome.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here in Northern Ireland the best we can get is BP Ultamite 98ron, Shell Super Unleaded 98ron (its not called Optimax here for some reason), & Tesco-98ron...

Sainsburys do their version of super unleaded, but i have my dout's about it.

No 99ron available at all :(

E85 is avalible in the South from the pumps (& its cheep), but they've been talking of doing away with that now as well...:bawling:

99-Ron would sell like it was going out of fashion if they introduced it over here...

Si..

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Shock horror - V Power remains 99 RON :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Sorry bud you are wrong optimax in uk was 98 now v power is 99.
Sorry, I was talking about VPower & not Optimax

Is that not in Germany where VPower is 100ron?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts