GTR Forum banner

Vpower or Tesco momentum

• Total voters
181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,634 Posts
My car never had anything but Momentum or V-Power for all its 8 years to a ratio of around 30:70 in favour of V-Power.

My pistons were caked in shite at 68k so I find their claims ridiculous and for the vast vast majority, impossible to prove or disprove as they'll never open up their engine.

·
Premium Member
7,634 Posts
My car never had anything but Momentum or V-Power for all its 8 years to a ratio of around 30:70 in favour of V-Power.

My pistons were caked in shite at 68k so I find their claims ridiculous and for the vast vast majority, impossible to prove or disprove as they'll never open up their engine.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

I've always suspected this. Any significant change to basic unleaded petrol with additives is a huge risk imho as you risk adding something that could potentially break down the oil and nuke engines over time.

I'm no chemical engineer but surely anything that can "clean" an engine could also change the composition of any oil it comes into contact with.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
thanks for a very enjoyable afternoon reading this post when I really should have been working! My favourite quote "of course I know who McLaren is, I use their toothpaste everyday", made me laugh. For the record I have used momentum in all my performance cars and never had any issues.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
thanks for a very enjoyable afternoon reading this post when I really should have been working! My favourite quote "of course I know who McLaren is, I use their toothpaste everyday", made me laugh. For the record I have used momentum in all my performance cars and never had any issues.
And not only toothpaste they make great baby buggies as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I filled up with momentum last week
On WOT my engine light kept flashing which was indicating knock hence the flashing light. Pissed off really. Will run till empty and refill somewhere else. Never had a prob with momentum usually

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I filled up with momentum last week
On WOT my engine light kept flashing which was indicating knock hence the flashing light. Pissed off really. Will run till empty and refill somewhere else. Never had a prob with momentum usually
Are you sure its not overboosting slightly due to the cold weather? toggle boost back one notch and see.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It***8217;s stage 4.25 mapped by albert/linney
Should be boost capped at 1.25bar and the afr mix was shit due to fuel
Really need to do a log. It***8217;s started to hesitate in second gear around 3k revs but then goes after around a second

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
It***8217;s stage 4.25 mapped by albert/linney
Should be boost capped at 1.25bar and the afr mix was shit due to fuel
Really need to do a log. It***8217;s started to hesitate in second gear around 3k revs but then goes after around a second
Might be dodgy batch of fuel or water in the tanks, try an octane booster, a GTR will hit 1.4 bar if requested but most drop off to 1.1 as revs/load rise maybe its trying to hit more than 1.25

·
Registered
206 Posts
^^ can you pm me your contact number, you seem to know what your taking ablut and I***8217;m a complete newb in new territory here

181 - 200 of 205 Posts