GTR Forum banner

Vpower or Tesco momentum

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shell V-Power again for the reason of Tesco having higher ethanol content as validate on my flex fuel sensor on my previous Supra. And always got knock when running Momentum, trip out to shell didn't change a single thing and it was fine in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
A guy on the 911 tests fuels as part of his job (something to do with motorbike racing in a superstock type class) not just for power they examine all engine parts and exhausts etc as well as power and the ONLY fuel he will put in his 996 turbo is (by choice) Momentum !!!!! Im sure it was Ian Litchfield who I was discussing just this with who said that they get most power on 'some' momentum cars with V power being most repeatable.
I only use momentum by choice or 102 in Germany.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I use Momentum because its cheaper and get club card points - Is there something bad about it having higher ethanol content ?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
I use Momentum because its cheaper and get club card points - Is there something bad about it having higher ethanol content ?
Read my previous post re water absorption and lowering RON

·
Ooo Matron !
1,988 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tesco 99 - Because I've used it since 2004 in performance/tuned cars and never had any issues, It's closer, cheaper and I get enough club card points from it to pay for the top whack RAC cover for the family. Win Win

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have both within 3 miles, the difference is very noticeable with V-Power a much smoother and powerful delivery.
Thats strange because momentum comes way above V power in the tests an acquaintance does on fuels for performance use.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
I'll put it this way:

Super car manufacturers don't top their production cars up with Tesco's fuel, they use V-Power.

If it was about saving ££££ trust me they would, they just use the best available, which is V-Power.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I'll put it this way:

Super car manufacturers don't top their production cars up with Tesco's fuel, they use V-Power.

If it was about saving ££££ trust me they would, they just use the best available, which is V-Power.
I think you will find that Shell have arrangements with supercar companies, I can assure you V Power is definitely NOT the best fuel out there.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I'll put it this way:

That would be more about snobbery than the best available.

If Tesco started supplying Shell so that both fuels were identical, snobs would still only use Vpower.

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'll put it this way:
I think you will find that Shell have arrangements with supercar companies, I can assure you V Power is definitely NOT the best fuel out there.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Really.

I can use my fuel card at any station, I'm told to use Shell.

Not because of any "agreement" either, it has no interest to my company to use Shell, other than it's the best fuel in the UK to use on our vehicles.

Ferrari on the other hand are a different case, they are a sponsor of theirs.

21 - 40 of 205 Posts