GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about this

found this info

Shell Optimax is to be replace be V-Power very soon. The UK version of V-Power will be 99ron and not 100ron which is seen in other countries. All Shell Retailers have been invited to a launch day at the end of the month.
Shell are in the process of running down stocks of Optimax to a level where V-Power can be mixed.

I'm not sure when the official name change will be, but it will be a lengthy process to change all signage on sites, update all IT equipment and the Optimax signage on tankers will need to be removed or replaced. It will probably remain similarly priced to Optimax.

Shell also plan to release V-Power Diesel in the UK, its a high performance diesel and the same which was used by Audi at Le-Mans.

Dont know how true it is?

Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Thats why all the Shell garages are fitting new tanks round here!!

It's all becoming clear now :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Well it cant be more expensive than Tesco 99RON as i think the launch of that fuel bit Shell in the bum. It will be in direct competition with tesco so it wont be more expensive. On the other hand you have BP102 at £2.50 per litre hahah that wont last too long.

Gez

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
about time they caught up with TESCO's 99ron !!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sean said:
Will it be the real deal or standard octane fuel with a booster like Optimax?
Hmm, petrol by nature has a low octane, and needs additives to increase them. So I guess it will be octane boosted standard fuels.

Just speculating, but the 99 RON is most likely due to the destruction of the Buncefield depot. Aparently Shell has to use the midlands as it's supply base for the whole of the Southern regions upto the Midlands. This means the supply chain is extended from refinery to petrol tank in your car.
As high octane fuels don't age well, maybe they thought it was more acurate to list it as 99.
I will ask my contact at Shell if he knows why.

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
Gez said:
Well it cant be more expensive than Tesco 99RON as i think the launch of that fuel bit Shell in the bum. It will be in direct competition with tesco so it wont be more expensive. On the other hand you have BP102 at £2.50 per litre hahah that wont last too long.

Gez
Of course it will be more expensive.

My nearest Tesco (about 4 miles away) charges 97.5ppl last time I checked.

My nearest Shell charges 103ppl.

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
m6beg said:
Did you get that message from your mate StuOx.
lol

???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts