GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched the net and turned up 288 psi for the center diff on a gtr but nothing on the rear v spec diff,I need to know the fuid pressure the atf is supplied to the diff under in order to lock the diff,does anybody have a rough Idea of the pressure required? thanks for the help:confused:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The pressure to activate the alsd comes from the same place, so one could assume it will max out at 230psi. Where did you get 288 from?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The R32 GTR manual states 230psi. I have no reason to think later models will be more. They all have 50 on the torque gauge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the information thats sound! im fitting the v spec diff in a gtst and using a power steering pump from an astra to lock it,well thats the plan so far anyway!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Why not use a stock LSD. Its a much better solution and its not uncommon for people to remove alsd in favour of a full time diff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want the option to lock the diff when I want to and have an open diff for regular driving,Im hoping to have it on an optional boost activated system and a manual over ride,though I need some way of locking it at the traffic lights so im looking into that,
I used to have a mechanical lsd but could not stand the stress it put the car under and all the associated pulling and wheel skipping that it caused,im back to the stock viscus unit now but it is aged and not as effective as it should be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
perhaps if I had a way of electronically sensing 1st gear and say more then 30% throttle and these two conditions would switch on the pump also,thinking out loud here but ive already got the diff,shafts and pump/reservoir,any input or suggestions welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts