GTR Forum banner

V-spec II N1

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  DCD 
#1 ·
Any details on this car? Were many made? Or were they limited edition like the R33 400R? Seem to be quite a few people with Nur's. I've checked the gtr.co.uk page...any other deatils? Was the power of the car higher due to the twin ball bearing turb? details seem to be a bit hard to find. Any pics of them? And also how can you tell it's an N1? No rear wiper?

thanks.

#2 ·
45 BNR34 N1s were made in total. These were usually bought as a base for race cars.

You can easily tell them apart from regular cars as they don't have A/C & stereo, dont have rear wiper, rear-view mirrors are black, don't have a rear fog light, and the V-spec 2 N1s carbon bonnets were not painted. You could have them in any colour as long as it was white:D

#3 ·
Visually theres a few things I can think of for the N1. It has a black carbon fibre bonnet and black side mirrors. Also the N1 only comes in white.

I'm not sure if the power of the car is higher but it is definitely lighter and I think it doesn't have AC or Stereo. It does have twin ball bearing turbos yes. I think it also comes standard with an oil cooler.

#5 ·
does the V-SpecII/M-Spec Nur also have the N1 block/turbos?

oh 45 no wonder they're rare. A guy down here (australia) brought one down to use in the Targa Tasmania. I think total cost (With safety mods to ADR standards) was around $170k AUD, which is huge. Oh I found this in an old wheels magazine.

"It's true. Nissan's Skyilne GT-R N1 produces mor epower at the wheels than it does in the brochure. On paper, it reads 206kw@6800rpm. On the dyno, teh GT-R delivers 214rwkw. The ambient temperature was 35 degrees - especially delibitating for forced induction cars. Translation? Try a GT-R with 300kw+ at the flywheel."

can scan the article later if you anyone wants. Its vs the 300kW HSV GTS.

#6 ·
There's also one going around Sydney I've seen it around.

"It's true. Nissan's Skyilne GT-R N1 produces mor epower at the wheels than it does in the brochure. On paper, it reads 206kw@6800rpm. On the dyno, teh GT-R delivers 214rwkw. The ambient temperature was 35 degrees - especially delibitating for forced induction cars. Translation? Try a GT-R with 300kw+ at the flywheel."
It is most likely true that the GTR delivers much more than whats on paper. It is probably true with many of the cars which state the 280ps power figure such as the Supra, NSX etc... and highly likely with the N1.

I remember this exact article but there are a few things to question. I'm not saying that the article is incorrect but firstly they need to qualify this claim by stating a few things such as which dyno this was run on, in which gear and so on. I have seen many dynos which quote figures which are highly exagerated over other dynos. I don't think a rear wheel dyno would be a good way to estimate the power at the fly of an N1.

#7 ·
states:
at 172km/h in 4th@7000rpm.
th epicture above lokos to be a AWD dyno. has picture of the GTS on the dyno, only rear wheels spinning. the N1 on a dyno, all wheels spinning.

gtr.co.uk technical section states when dynoed the stock GT-R in fact had 328PS, which is approx 245kW - at flywheel (on Power Engineering's 4WD dyno).

Anyway, any pics of the N1?

#11 ·
Can anyone help me with this so called N1 Block.

How does it look like..
And will STD Water Pump, Oil Pump, std head fit on it ?
will uprated Oil Pumps/water pumps fit on it from HKS, Trust, JUN etc ??

Will buying a Stroker kit from HKS, Trust, etc FIT in the N1 Block ,, how flexible is this block compared to the STD.

#12 ·
BBD,

The N1 Block comes in the same form as the RB26 used in the GTR 33 (as in plain black paint, the NUR R34 has gold engine covers), you can put all the standard parts together and it will run as a normal engine. The block is thicker thus used for one of the Japanese race series (DCD knows which one). It has no gain over a standard RB26 until used to extreme. I have one in my car along with mods giving me 522 BHP at 1.4 bar. That figure can be gained with the standard RB26 and the mods i've got.

....Ian

#13 ·
comparison of N1 block and std block

Hi,

Just for your information.
When Nismo tested N1 block and std block for endurance test on Nismo engine bench, the result was as follows.

Std block: 9 of 10 blocks are cracked.
N1 block: 0 of 10 block are cracked.

This test has been done with 500ps for 1 hour on Nismo engine bench.

Yours,
Shin

#14 ·
BBD...as Ian said the N1 block is slightly thicker. It might have some better oil & water circulation but you'll have to ask someone that knows more about this kind of thing like the guys at Abbey, Gary or RB.

The easiest way to tell the difference between an N1 block and a standard one is the casting number on the side "05U" for stock and "24U" for N1.

#15 ·
Thanks guys,, thats what I wanted to know about wether all the parts of a normal RB26 will fit on an N1 block for an engine rebuild.

I guess its a better way to build a high HP engine using the N1 block and parts and keep the stock block as a spare...

Shin dont run away now summer time is comming I might be comming to england.. :)

#16 ·
A few things I like to add.

I think the N1 have slightly more power then the standard car when stock since my Nur have about ~30 HP more then a standard car. Mainly due to the slightly bigger N1 turbos.

DCD........you sure the N1 have different cams? I never heard that before. Just curious.

400hp.........I have the infos on that magazine article. The dyno was an Australian made Dyno Dynamic 4WD chassis dyno. The run was done in 4th gear. The ambient temperature was 35 degrees C during the dyno run.

BBD...........I know the N1 water pump won't bolt onto a standard block, but I am not sure if the standard water pump would bolt onto the N1 block. I believe the N1 block is slightly thicker, the metal composition are different.

Jeff

#22 ·
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2505950&current_rec=7&used_rec=0&total_rec=11&sort_type=&total_rec=11&sort_type=&make_id=5&model_id=73&badge_id=23680&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

One of the 45 R34 GTR V-Spec II N1's for sale in Australia. Has been pre thrashed at many targa events for your enjoyment :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.