GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
If you mean track work then V-specs. As most people will agree not everybody will notice the A-LSD doing its job....but the V-spec is the one you want for circuit work.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well i spose the Non V spec... its a tad lighter and the advanatges that the V spec has woudlnt really apply to drag racing.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
For drag racing you definitely want to go with a NON V-spec. This is mainly due to the fact that drag cars are very powerful and the A-LSD will not work properly if too much power/torque is put through it. All the drag cars in Japan are non V-specs and have gone for replacement mech rear diffs such as Cusco or Nismo. You also want to get rid of the HICAS.

hipogtr should be able to go into more detail as he just had a street-drag car built by Top Secret.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
DCD's right. I posed this exact question to a whole bunch of Japanese tuners before I bought my GT-R. Same conclusion from all of them. If you're goal is drag racing with 650hp+ as your target (not too difficult to get to as you probably know) then forget the V-Spec. Save your money... you'll be dumping the key parts in the name of performance reliability anyway.

Cya O!

·
Registered
466 Posts
time for agro

I have been told by more than one tuner that the non v is better on the road track and drag strip!!

and it's not becuase i have a non v !

??

d

just a point of view

G

·
I am looking at getting an R33 GT-R next year and have been looking at the V-SPEC model. Obviously if i wanted to get a GT-R in a rare colour the chance of finding a V-SPEC is much lower.

So what advantage is the V-SPEC?. Should i be looking at the standard GT-R?.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hipogtr said:
DCD's right. I posed this exact question to a whole bunch of Japanese tuners before I bought my GT-R. Same conclusion from all of them. If you're goal is drag racing with 650hp+ as your target (not too difficult to get to as you probably know) then forget the V-Spec. Save your money... you'll be dumping the key parts in the name of performance reliability anyway.

Cya O!
How much did it cost you to have your car built by Top Secret? Just curious:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts