GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Specs

DCD Do you know the specs for the new NUR Skyline's? I want to do a feature on my website for them and I need the specs.
Thanks
-Elliot

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are basically the same as a V-S2/M-spec....except they get the N1 engine and Turbos, gold engine/cam cover, gold chassis plaque, 300km/h speedos and the Nur badge at the back. 300 will be available in Millenium Jade...a special limited edition color.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Joss,

Very nicely done on the article.

I am trying to sell my VS2 now to see if I can get a VS2 NUR in time before they sold out.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Nissan have already increased the numbers to more than 500.
This is because so many people in Japan want to order the Nur spec rather than a 'normal' GT-R.
Additionally, it is not just a 'normal' N1 engine, as it is balanced too.
By the way, you are not restricted to Millenium Jade for the Nur spec, it's just a special option that you can only have with the Nur spec.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The way it was described to me, the 'normal' N1 engine is balanced for the NUR spec specifically.
Do you know otherwise ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bean,

No I don't really know if the normal N1 car's engine is balanced from the factory.

I just know the NUR spec's N1 motor is balanced because it said so on Nissan's website.

Anyone know about this? Dino, Joss?

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
According to the Japanese Best-Car magazine and the Nissan website there will only be 1000 (1000‘ä) R34 GTR Nur Spec's made. And according to the Nissan Red Stage Shiten I went to on Saturday they are all already sold out.

Also the Millenium Jade will be available to the ordinary M-Spec (at an optional cost) car until May when they take the final orders and stop making the R34 in August.

:(

As for the post on the N1 Engine. The NUR Spec engine is exactly the Same as the V-Spec II N1 Engine except for the limited run Cam-covers and Engine Number plate. The N1 Spec Engine is normally balanced and has twin metal turbos with ball raced bearings. Thats why it is recommended for race-tuning as the turbos are suitable for up to 1.6kg/cm2 and the crankshaft and main bearings are rated up to 600PS, straight from GINZA. Also the N1 Specification Engine if de-restricted pumps out on the test bed [email protected] and [email protected]

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
sw2373

You're right - they've upped the numbers again to 1000, although Nissan Prince don't think that they are all sold yet, especially because so many people have ordered based on finance arrangements, and the sales guys I know think that quite a few wont get the cash.
The last I heard they had some 400+ definite orders.

I didn't know Millenium Jade was going to be made available to the M-spec though.

I'm pretty sure they said that the pistons and conrods were balanced as an extra feature, but I'll take your word for it.

By the way - what does Ginza have to do with it ? Or do you mean the old Nissan building ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well yes I live in Japan, I work for a tier 1 automotive parts manufacturer. I am not your typical English teacher from Britain who comes here.
The reason I said that the GTR was the best thing to come out of Ginza is because thats where the Nissan design house is (I know the GTR is built in Sakae), also there headquarters, what old building? The headquarters is only 5 years old. And before you ask yes I own a 2001 R34 GTR M-Spec I bought it as a replacment for my old V-Spec, since working in the industry I get a few benefits like cash-back options and discounts. :)
As for the balancing of the crankshaft on an N1 engine, well N1 Engines have always been made seperately and supplied with parts seperately.
The crankshaft has always been lightened and balanced, the whole reason Nissan made the N1 Spec was for racing teams to get a base car for the Nissan one type races. The reason the N1 Spec was more expensive was simply not because of an oil cooler , an intercooler and metal turbos from Garrett, that would never justify the extra half million over a normal VS2, especially when you can buy the turbos from Trust or Nismo for under 250000.
Anyway you get my point. Also as for the figure of only 300 being made in Millenium Jade it is just a new colour which has been introduced for the NUR Spec but normal people do not want to pay the extra for the car so they have allowed it to be used on the M-Spec. The reason I say they have all been sold is because I wanted to change mine for one, but Nissan computer said all sold out!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino,

Sorry I wasn't being clear :p I was wondering why you think SW2373 is not living in Japan, you have already answered my question in the email you sent me.

Thanks ;)

Jeff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts