GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to clear up some points on the v35.
They have been out in Japan since 2003.
Full name nissan skyline 350gt coupe (they also do a sedan 4 door).
It does have they same engine as the 350z.
They are known as the Infiniti G35 in the states because the states had a problem selling a nissan for $40k so they rebadged it. Bit like Lexus/Toyota.
It is sold as a luxury sports coupe not a flying machine.
By the way dont know why it was in you're poll on another post as it aint a GTR . The GTR is in a different class however i think the new GTR will be better.

Thought i would post a nice selection of mine and others cars. Hope you like::)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
This is the best looking one I've seen. It's my next purchase. Early next year it should be here.......... I photoshoped the colour on a couple to see what I wanted..........decided on blue.

·
6,821 Posts
Thanks for the pics, but we all know allready what is the G35 in the US.

Personaly I like the Ken-Style G35 . ..:smokin:

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Fraser, you are getting a great car there. I've always really liked the 350GT, its a fast, comfortable, big coupe. It's only the front end looks that I've never managed to get used to. Second hand prices are pretty low now but will even get lower once the new one goes on sale in spring.

How is the CTR coming?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics, but we all know allready what is the G35 in the US.

Personaly I like the Ken-Style G35 . ..:smokin:

Like i say gtrlux it is only a G35 in the states (re-badged). In Japan, New Zealand, Australia and now in the UK it is a skyline 350gt. I know you all like your old shape skylines but times move on and by bringing out the new shape and stop making the old shape in 2002 it kind of makes yours a classic now. Lets face it Jaguar had to move on after the Etype was dropped ;)
The thing that p****d me off reading the fav skyline post was the clowns that dont know the car and said it was a 350z, take a look again :mad:

·
6,821 Posts
You have a point, just the R34 GTR is still (with the Nismo kit and 19"rims) an agressive GT car with wide wheel arches, and an angry face with big air vents. . . .something you not see on other cars (except a bit on an M3) all other super cars have 2 seat flat aero shapes (like Ferrari, lambo)

The new Proto and 350GT have no wide wheel arches and no agressive looks, the Top Secret 350GT is a hell of a car, but for many here the looks of the GTR34 are still like " the bull of the streets".

The 350GT is definitly one of the best coupes in the world -fun, sporty, class , great looks and a competive price tag.:bowdown1: (would have have loved a V8 version:eek: )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 350GT is definitly one of the best coupes in the world -fun, sporty, class , great looks and a competive price tag.:bowdown1: (would have have loved a V8 version:eek: )[/QUOTE]

V8 :eek: :eek:

Good shout as the car drives so well at speed i think the extra umph would be fine.
Think i would still rather keep the 3.5 V6 and stick a couple of turbos on :chuckle:

like this.

G35 GReddy TT

·
6,821 Posts
. . . will sound amazing, have you ever heared the Nismo S1 Fairlady sound. That's Opera . . . .:bowdown1:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
. . . will sound amazing, have you ever heared the Nismo S1 Fairlady sound. That's Opera . . . .:bowdown1:
I prob have as ive been through about 100 or so sound clips Stillen, Nismo, HKS' Borla etc etc but i found the new SES one from Injen to sound nice and throaty plus its a all the way dual pipe which is what i wanted.
I was told about it firstly by a forum i use in the states. Very useful because there is no info on the car here and i can't read Japanese.

G35DRIVER.COM - INFINITI G35 (SKYLINE) FORUMS, GALLERY, CHAT, AND MORE.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I don't wanna make it go quicker. I want a cruiser. I'll take the 34 if I want to go quick......... I'm just gonna make it look pretty, that's it.

Dino, CTR's coming along really well, I promise I'll send you some pics when it's all done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the V35 is a superb car - I've just bought a 4-door one from Japan. I drove the G35 out in the states and wanted one right away.
The Japanese V35 club describe it as a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's never going to be a GT-R but it will certainly turn heads and be a lot of fun to drive

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the V35 is a superb car - I've just bought a 4-door one from Japan. I drove the G35 out in the states and wanted one right away.
The Japanese V35 club describe it as a wolf in sheeps clothing. It's never going to be a GT-R but it will certainly turn heads and be a lot of fun to drive
Good choice

I looked at the 4 door before buying mine (2 door). There is an on going argument on the american sites like 6MT and G35 driver as to which is faster and i think at the end of the day its a drivers race.
Not seen one over here yet but was informed by Nissan that a lady P.C had one in the Chelmsford area.
Post some pics when you get a chance.

Ha Ha started this thread last year and seems funny reading back through it regarding what i was going to do with my car. I ended up slapping an APS TT on it with a built motor in the end , i am loving every minute driving it, its loads of fun. However i still find myself gazing at GTR34's at shows :smokin:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
have you got the turbo kit on there yet
Yes had it on my 5 speed semiauto box before some biddy decided to 'T'bone me . So this time i have gone with 6mt version as AT box was only good up to 450whp without total rebuid.
I bought my old car back from insurance and have sold it as parts keeping the engine of course. So my new one , which is on its way over from Japan as we speak will have the following spec.

Same engine ie; Cosworth built bottom end ('H'rods, anti-det pistons, bearings, Both sets of studs, gaskets etc.

Same APS TT kit fitted.

Carbonetics triple clutch (as i have now gone manual)

APS 3" extreme dual pipe exhaust

APS 3" extreme down pipes

APS extreme fuel kit (includes 880 injectors, twin fuel pump, fuel rails, hoses etc)

The new Haltech stand alone ecu (some of you people will be running this soon as it is better than the fcon vpro, see for youselves with link below) They are from Australia and it hurts me to say it but they do know how to tune a car.
Haltech Platinum 350z PnP Engine Management - InjectedPerformance.com

Junction produce 'Scara wheels' 9.5" front 20" rear X 19's

I went with the top secret front bumper this time because it has the intercooler cut out and i have the charge speed side skirts, i kept my rear impul bumper and spoiler from the old car. I have also gone with the 'INGS' front wings.

TDI's have all the parts and engine at there place so just waiting for the car now. Im guessing Rotostock 5 will be my first show.

This is something like what it will look like in the same colour Ivory Pearl.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I,ve got one as our family car
absolutely the best rear wheel drive skyline by far
love it
Ron

1 - 20 of 23 Posts