GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
LOL cool engine, but why on a Skyline?
The comments are great again , like most on Youtube . .
AccaDaccaV8 (2 days ago)
finally, a skyline with a real engine

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL cool engine, but why on a Skyline?
Something different for a change I guess. More torque, less lag..

Anyway I give him the props if he got that car to work with the AWD

·
Registered
107 Posts
:bowdown1: thats a great vid, it looks like a chevy small block too. do you have any other footage? i doubt its all wheel drive, that would take a lot of engineering and machining to work that out. still very badass!!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
need to see the hp figures and see it on the road as well.
Sounds menacing.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
sure, sounds kool.

but why?

i'd stick it in a mondeo if you wanted to be that special.

oh well, looks nicely done though, i'd prefer the RB offcourse:)

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
looks like z-tune front wings as well.

engine doesn't look as nice as the rb though.......

Simon

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
cause performance and drivability for the money spent, a twin turbo'd 5.7/6litre LS1/LS2 engine (its one of them my looks of) would be worlds apart from a 2.whatever litre RB.

and the mondeo comment- massive amount of work (new floorpan basically) to make one RWD is mental, and then err, id dont look as nice as a R34 Skyline.

to me who cares what it originally had, its about making the best all round car for the money you got, and this person/company clearly has.

·
6,821 Posts
Agree with Steve on this, amazing work . . . . but well, for non-mechanics, wich are 99% of the peoples, the image of a car is what counts in first place.
I am seriously thinking about getting done a swap someday in the next years, but as I am not a mechanic, I fall again in the image trap!:nervous:
I would never do that to a GTR, even not a GTT, I am too much bound in that japanese myth of the RB-Skylines . . .:chuckle:
What I was thinking is getting a turbo charged V12 Toyota Century swap in to a new Lexus IS250 for exemple . . .:flame:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts