GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well people, i was about to build another supra for myself (1 year ago) but decided on a R34 GTR instead. Anyway thats old news!

But before i delete my old messages pictures etc i thought i would share this with you all....... ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a video.... http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/c0wboy/widebody/th_MOV03538.jpg

Now im thinking of getting rid of my R34 and going back down this route again.

But im thinking or getting me a R32 GTR running about 700hp and with the left over money rebuilding another supra with this engine! Yummy!

As for spec and cost? well what do you think to this......

.Ross Pistons
...V8 4340 custom rods w/ ARP 2000 rod bolts
...Complete Core Motor
...TTC Performance Cams, high HP grind
...Custom Intake Manifold
...V160 Adapter
...Clutch/Flywheel/
Throw Out Bearing Kit
...Fuel Rails/Injectors Kit
...Valve Springs, standard
...ARP Head Studs
...Cometic MLS Head Gaskets
...Bottom End, Heads Port/Polish, Assembly,
Over All Machine Work
(Estimated)
...1uz-fe Misc. Motor Parts
...Steel Motor Mounts
...Clean low mile core motor
.125" thick stainless manifolds, midpipes, Y pipe, and downpipe.
Flexible staineless exhaust
Downpipe section to mate to Supra catback exhaust
Twin Borg Warner turbos
Twin filters
Twin Tial wastegates
All clamps, couplers, and hardware
All fittings

Power? 1050rwhp on race fuel. Spool is instant and hard hitting

How much? ?? ??? take your best guess for the whole motor supplied with turbos, gearbox plates, mounts etc. Basically a drop in engine!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
didnt that car belong to one of the lads in the us cowboy bebop or summin like that was his user name. Remember watching this motor been built and i made an enquiry about the above setup too, and it was a good price i may add :)

go for it matty, i was only browsing supra's for sale earlier myself and i didnt even start my R34 life yet lol

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
i wonder if we could adapt this to a 4 wheel drive GTR system? and of course mount in a skyline?
Theres two threads in the projects area with one guy doing it with a VH41, the other a 3UZ, both into 32Rs retaining awd :D

Rob @ RIPS did some of the prep for the VH41, maybe you should just send him a 34R a tell him to sort it for you :p

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
VK56dett is the way to go for jap hp but for a R32 the VH45 with twins and 4wd would be pretty cool, we've done the VH45/R32 GTR adapter and mounts and Matt Skinner on here has a thread with updates on it.

Rob

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too bad he only was able to get 350rwhp out of it..

Sold for $55.000 on eBay yesterday.
really? I take it that was the non turbo version?

Still that price is not bad, he has still made money there on the car. The whole engine built/supplied and shipped to my front door was £7900 quid. To have it twin turboed turned out at £12000.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
someday I would definitely love to have a supercharged big-block crossplane V8. It'll redline around 6500rpm, but that doesn't matter, cause it'll likely yank your head off from idle :)

Twin turbo V8s are among the most beautiful engines made. The new BMW twin turbo V8s, with the turbos in the V, I love those. They elegantly solve the problem of having to link exhaust pipes from opposite banks when using a crossplane crankshaft.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I presume,

That if they can have the turbos in the v with reverse layout on the heads then they can also effectively "double up" on the exhausts and have the turbos spooled by twin pulses firing at the sametime, which when coupled with normal "twin scroll" type thinking thats used on 4 cylinders I would imagine thats a truly awesome combination.

J.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts