GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter what port on the air chamber under the plenum you use for a BOV?

I have fitted a turbosmart raceport BOV to my car and took a vacuum from the bottom port of the two from the air chamber and ran that to the bov.

When revving the engine on idle (havent driven it yet) the BOV piston doesnt move one bit, i know it has a fairly tough spring on that BOV but I thought it would at least move a tiny bit??

·
Registered
173 Posts
This sounds similar to the effect mine was having, thought a softer spring would be the way, although if there is some other route/fix I'd be interested to know :nervous:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This sounds similar to the effect mine was having, thought a softer spring would be the way, although if there is some other route/fix I'd be interested to know :nervous:
Have you driven your car with yours?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I took one trip out down the road and they seemed slow to react or not at all, adjusted a couple of times, tested the pistons, vac lines etc and all seemed ok other than the spring seems to be mega hard.. So looking to see about some softer ones, mine are black springs

:Edit: then put my old valve back on as don't want to drive the car with a part that's not all sorted (gotta get to the bottom of this!)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What BOV's do you have?

Mine is the 50mm Raceport so the springs will be different. I know its a pretty hard one though and i only have it to preserve my turbo (single turbo) which is why i went for one with a larger spring so it opens only when its actually running some boost.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine are a pair of supersonics (two trumpets each). |Still awaiting info on springs in mine, as they are mega tough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
yes pistons move freely once the spring is out, which is why it seems the spring could be too hard, so its either cut it down (which Id rather not do) or find some softer ones.

Most of the noise appears to be coming back through the air filters?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes pistons move freely once the spring is out, which is why it seems the spring could be too hard, so its either cut it down (which Id rather not do) or find some softer ones.

Most of the noise appears to be coming back through the air filters?
That would mean that the spring is to hard, yes.

Although i wouldn't think it would be that hard in your BOV's especially if you have the adjuster on the top so that does seem strange...

Have you tried turning the car on and pulling the vacuum line off the BOV's to see if their hissing?

·
Registered
173 Posts
That would mean that the spring is to hard, yes.

Although i wouldn't think it would be that hard in your BOV's especially if you have the adjuster on the top so that does seem strange...

Have you tried turning the car on and pulling the vacuum line off the BOV's to see if their hissing?
Yes, stuck a gauge in to see what they were doing, all good..

Like Brains said maybe a bit of adjustment is required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts