GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So MM Nissan have been in contact after recognising me as the only detailer to have had over 60 GTR's under my belt and they kinda think I know a thing or 2 about the paint.:chuckle:
There concerns were mainly the new black GTR's.

So Tony sent a new GTR to me to play with for a while and can confirm that the new metallic seems to be alot more managable than Kuro Black.

The car has been washed several times by monkeys for a fiver that would normally kill a Kuro black, it has also been polished with a rag and some auto glym and on a whole although it did have faint marring and a few swirls it was no where as bad as Kuro black would of been.
So IMHO and further tests will be done as I am now officially working in partnership with Middlehurst Motorsport.

Paint thickness remains the same on the older GTR and the new GTR.

I would like to thank Tony for taking the time out of his week to come over with a car and can genuinly say he is a real gent and really is interested in giving 110% in any way he can.

Robbie

·
Registered
429 Posts
Got any more pics of that aeromax? :)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
690 Posts
So much for all the Nissan blurb about improving the quality of the paint process though! In my head I knew they were hardly going to suddenly start doing a better job just because it costs more! Nice work though mate :)

P.S I just don't like those new wheels!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So much for all the Nissan blurb about improving the quality of the paint process though! In my head I knew they were hardly going to suddenly start doing a better job just because it costs more! Nice work though mate :)

P.S I just don't like those new wheels!

I am still looking into if the clearcoat has got harder or its because there is metal flake in the paint now, but either way it was a joy to clean and not see any swirls being inflicted.

I truly believe they wont get many complaints with this new black. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts