GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above , tricky to price

sub 9k , my2020 , standard bar RSW carbon interior parts & gtr owners japan floor mat & interior set ( have the Oem ones)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
362 Posts
The best colour for sure. As Ian has intimated there are two on AT for 125 and 129k. If either sells it will set a new benchmark for a BB Prestige. Fantastic photos help and those certainly are.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
yup. Everyone had the chance to buy. Dealer even had one in stock which they couldn’t sell / identical - I even posted on here about it back In 2020
Oh don't get me wrong, I think they are great cars. I just wonder if the market really is as strong for these as the asking prices suggest, or the prices are being talked up and inflated by 30%? The ones I have seen "sell" seem to end up back for sale in retail again.

We all know they didn't sell that well the last few years, so why would people pay a premium for one now? There also wasn't a clamour for the last ones (we think/expect). That's what I was thinking.

I do think collectors will pay well for the very best examples. That - modern classic status too? - might see them appreciate. I don't think we are genuinely there yet but happy (as an owner) to see them rise in value.

·
Super Moderator
16,314 Posts
I do think the prices a bit speculative atm for later cars, and wonder if they’re actually selling.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Prices are on the up thats for sure - I got £6k more for mine after 2 years of owning, and that was from a dealer ! - who then sold it for an additional £3.5k - appreciate it wasn't up in the 100k area but even so, I saw this with my Focus RS - as soon as the MK3 came out and it was so poor compared to the MK2 - MK2 prices soared - plus the help of RS Direct who kept prices high, but even now RS Direct have gone the prices remain crazy for good low mileage ones. Its the last of the greats and the GTR R35 is among them. Look at the cost of Evo's now ! bonkers.
The only issue is £100k plus will buy you a very desirable Porsche, maybe a McLaren, and Aston Martin Vantage (who prices never seem to drop below £95k) and possibly a Lambo, so you really need to be a die hard GTR fan to spend that money on one compared to the competition.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Yes, prices have increased of late, for many cars.
I think once the tipping point is reached where they become collectible and demand is greater than supply then for sure. Almost a no brainer.

My take on it us that here are a lot of R35's in the supply chain with apparently little demand (or appetite for the prices being asked). That, and the fact compared to earlier Skyline R's there are a lot of R35's about, it's a waiting game. Just don't see it happening right now.

If prices were truly skyrocketing they'd be selling like hotcakes, being flipped or tucked away.

Could be happening, but not convinced.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Yes, prices have increased of late, for many cars.
I think once the tipping point is reached where they become collectible and demand is greater than supply then for sure. Almost a no brainer.

My take on it us that here are a lot of R35's in the supply chain with apparently little demand (or appetite for the prices being asked). That, and the fact compared to earlier Skyline R's there are a lot of R35's about, it's a waiting game. Just don't see it happening right now.

If prices were truly skyrocketing they'd be selling like hotcakes, being flipped or tucked away.

Could be happening, but not convinced.
I agree with most of that but not so sure there’s a lot for sale. A couple of years ago there were regularly 70 plus listed on Pistonheads, it now averages 35-40 listings.

·
Registered
27,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can ask whatever you want - it’s if they sell

just look at HJA pricing

I’ve never seen anyone come on here or a group for 34s etc & say , I’ve just spent 200k on a 34 in the U.K

·
Registered
362 Posts
I do agree with this. Where would you place a bayside blue track edition with 200 miles on it? I was thinking 160-170? All opinions welcome :)
My logic, if logic can be used in pricing cars.....

"If" a 2020 Bayside prestige GTR is worth 120k, which is a third over list price, then a fully loaded new Bayside TE which listed at ~130k must be around 175k. This ignores both the rarity and newness of the TE.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
My logic, if logic can be used in pricing cars.....

"If" a 2020 Bayside prestige GTR is worth 120k, which is a third over list price, then a fully loaded new Bayside TE which listed at ~130k must be around 175k. This ignores both the rarity and newness of the TE.
So based on that logic my nismo would be worth around 235k. Nice if it was.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Whys the Matty, I am curious? I only know a few owners through the forum and never see a GTR on the road, but I am not into the scene at all (not much choice when you live so far from the action)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts