GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Good morning people :wavey:

My original plans for my R33 GT-R was to port and polish the head and fit some cams ...P & P is done now ...

I ran out of cash midway and won't be able to buy the cams now, But I don't want to remove the head again later to fit the 280/280 10.8 tomei cams ..

So, Can I use the tomei B-type springs "they come with their retainers" now on a STOCK cam ? B-TYPE is rated for 11.5 of lift ...A-type springs are for 10.85 of lift...

If I can install the B-type now, I can buy the 280's later and fit them without removing my head as the springs n retainers are already there !

So, would the springs and retainers that are designed for 11.5 lift work with a stock cam for now ?

feedback needed plz :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

One more thing, Should I upgrade to the TOMEI solid lifters If I install the B-type springs/retainers kit and stock cams ? or Can I install them later as they're easy reach under the cams ?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I think you will also have to clearance the heads valve spring pockets, as a 10.8mm lift cam will catch.
No problem doing the other things you talk about. Don't fit the tomei lifters just yet, as you will need really thin shims on stock full base circle cams. These just slip on once the cams are out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts