GTR Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
I put the V-cam on my 3.2 stroker R34GTR , it is so linear now you have to look at the speedo because it feels slow, but then you know it is pretty quick, lol

With the EFR8374 it runs out of puff and could do with the 9180/1.45 a/r but I like the way it drives for a street car and will stay with this setup
Was this fwhp or at all 4 wheels/hubs. And on what fuel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Was this fwhp or at all 4 wheels/hubs. And on what fuel.
Hi Dan, AWHP , it was 638 AWHP before I had it tuned to get the best out of the low end , drives like a modern car now

E85 , I have flex fuel sensor , makes it easier as there are not many E85 servos in OZ. Luckily a bloke that owns a servo about 20 Klm away uses E85 personally and had them install a pump for it about 6 months ago :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have to have the computer from HKS? Will a regular stand alone like the AEM v2 control this instead? I would think if they would sell it as an option like that it would be more viable.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have an Emtron KV8 ECU, it was developed by my tuner here in OZ from Insight Motorsports, he only tunes cars with his ECU now as he is too busy.
I did have a Haltech Elite 2500 that did the job. I would think HKS would have a unit to do whatever was needed for their products. There are a few others that can do the job I think , G4 , Motec.
Now I have access to E85 here , I am thinking of getting the head work done , mate said I could probably go up to 10.5:1 CR , I was thinking 9.5 , see what the motor bloke thinks if I go ahead with it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well bit the bullet and decided to do the head work, so

Having exhaust cam 272 x 10.5 ish , the Vcam cam will be modified to the same specs,
the cams and porting should see gain all the way through compared to the current setup as they will be more matched to my engine setup. The current setup is on the restrictive side ,my choice LOL.

The CR ended up only being 8.1:1, so going to 9.5:1 and a thicker gasket will be used should I ever want more CR , Pistons coming in from the US this week , well ?

Head being ported ATM , not sure what they have decided to do exactly

The higher CR will definitely make it stronger up to boost as the engine will have more torque off boost, its hard to say if it will bring the turbo on earlier but it will probably feel like the turbo is coming on earlier as there will be more engine torque off boost.

Have to wait and see :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here's before an after Vcam Step1 was installed. RB28, GTX2860-5's, E85.

Same dyno, same boost. Only change was Vcam. Stock exhaust cam!
Great result, the vcam really does improve the midrange.
I’ve had vcam done as well, didn’t do a proper back to back but it made over 600ftlb of torque at about 4500rpm.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts