GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :wavey:,

Firstly I'd like to say hello to the gtr community! I've only had my MY11 GTR for 4 weeks and in that time it's been sat in the garage collecting dust due to work however I've just brought it out for a road trip across Europe and I can't stop smiling. I will start a proper thread and say hello with pictures when I return, maybe the previous owner is on here.

The trouble I've had is with the vdc light flashing when going up stelvio Pass. As I'm sure you all know stelvio Pass consists of many hair pin full lock turns. As I was going round in manual mode with vdc in normal and transmission in R the vdc light in first gear directly after the hair pin would flash and I couldn't get any power down, I wasn't racing up the pass at all so not sure what's going on. It was also starting to give off a rather worrying smell so I instantly pulled over and despite letting it cool down it still was doing the same thing :confused:

I've tried a search and had no luck unfortunately.

I'd be grateful for your expert guidance folks :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got back from Rico Rally and Stelvio 2 weeks ago. Car hated the hairpins, pretty much on full lock going round them and VDC cutting in as right rear wheel tended to go light due to elevation and camber.

I found best setting was R-C-R after fiddling with it most of the way up. Car had a nice burning smell by the time it got to the top - let it cool down and was fine. Even in R mode it still cut power but was far less intrusive.

The other GTR on the rally had similar issues, so I wouldn't worry too much.
That's reassuring to hear, I've driven up the pass in a few RWD cars without any trouble hence my worry.

I'll definitely get the car checked over once I'm back in the UK to make sure.

I appreciate the replies, I'll be sure to be back with a proper hello once I get back :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the late reply guys. It does sound exactly as mentioned regarding the camber and elevation. I'm currently in Monaco but going to head back into the mountains so will try it out in race mode and see what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to give you a quick update, I drove up susten pass (by far the best driving Road so far) in all out RRR mode and the car gave off a smell but vdc didn't kick in at all.

Thank you everyone for your help, got worried I'd broken my car but luckily not :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.