GTR Forum banner

Vehicle history

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  gtr.jim 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know the history of this GTR? Reg: XX57 GTR
Cheers

#5 ·
A company called JB auto did the inspection today.

The car scored 80/100 overall. The issues picked up were: couple of stone chips on the bonnet, scratch under driver side mirror, scratches on lower body trim and all four tyres needed changing to which the dealer has agreed to replace all tyres. Everything else was excellent!

#8 ·
Yeah it should be complete over the next few days :)

congratulations, hopefully it all goes through smoothly for you .
These cars are brilliant in my opinion, by far Best Buy value for money performance cars around by along ways!!
and put some pics up once you’ve got it bud👍

#10 ·
Get some pictures posted once it’s home👍
Change of plan!

So a friend of mine had to go to Leeds today which is not too far from where this car is located. Even though I had paid for (what i thought was) a diligent pre purchase inspection from an independent mechanic, It was a no brainer to tag along and go and see the car in person.

I was met at the unit by the owner who started the car up for me and talked me through its condition. Straight away he tripped up on what he told me previously about the service history of the car and the previous owner (first red flag). As I walked around to the passenger side of the vehicle I noticed quite a lot of polish on the car which I though was odd as the rest of the car was clear of polish. Then low and behold I noticed that the vehicle has had a repair done on the rear quarter (a crap one at that!) You can see evidence of the bad prep and filler used for the repair as it stands out like a sore thumb!

When I quizzed the bloke about the damage he claims he hadn't noticed even though he has had the car from the 29th of April and put it through a supposed stage 2 detail. Coincidentally, my wife then called me and said she had found a facebook post about the vehicle that she managed to pull up from a google search of the reg. The post shows it was previously listed on ebay as 'hpi clear/damaged' (Link below). Unfortunately the ebay link has expired so the full details of the damage is unknown to me at this point but I''m certain that the vehicle has unrecorded damage. Maybe the bloke didn't know what he was looking at and missed it, maybe he did and was trying to chance a sale, but at the end of the day there were too many red flags for me to go through with the purchase. I got my deposit refunded and was on my way.

Moral of the story, always see a vehicle first before committing to a purchase!
Back to the search!

#13 ·
Nope, according to the guy at the unit, the mechanic asked about it but he told him he didn't know so looks like he just took his word for it. Didn't mention it's something to look into, In fact his words were 'the paint work is in great condition it only has a few stone chips and and a couple of scratches'.

#17 ·
Sounds like a close call to me!!! Bet your glad you went and looked at it!! Must admit it doesn’t matter how far a car is, I’ll always travel to Inspect /look at it, especially the cash your be paying for one of these cars.
im guessing your abit gutted on one hand but very happy on the other you saw it and found it out beforehand.
there is plenty of really good examples out there. My advice would be don’t rush into anything until you find the right one for you.
Good luck in your search bud👍
Doesnt sound like a very independent inspection. Close call. So many GTRs for sale be patient and get a good one.
Yeah its bitter sweet to be honest. Defiantly going to take my time and make sure I find a great example.

#15 ·
Sounds like a close call to me!!! Bet your glad you went and looked at it!! Must admit it doesn’t matter how far a car is, I’ll always travel to Inspect /look at it, especially the cash your be paying for one of these cars.
im guessing your abit gutted on one hand but very happy on the other you saw it and found it out beforehand.
there is plenty of really good examples out there. My advice would be don’t rush into anything until you find the right one for you.
Good luck in your search bud👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.