GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow enthusiasts ...I would like to show How a step by step guide how we or the collective Self being I set about creating japsalons Veilside E3 car ..this happened over a year ago and was shown at Mersey island JAE..

Created alot of onterest at the time but then came off the road due to a faulty rad cap (possibly) not venting and therefore promptly going er Bang !!

So

having not really seen her for best part of a year I thought I would remind myself how we achieved the end result of what I can only call "The VeilSide legend"

My 32GTR has taken many forms in its life from std when purchased
to this

to this ...

Im a great fan of wide bodied cars pumped out on steroids and it took some time to take the plunge and the E3 kit to be decided on ..

after coms with Yoko in JP soon the last VeilSide E3 kit was en route to me here in the uk minus the rear bumper which I regret and am still trying to get hold of after a year deliberating on it ..an option video i recently watched soom made me realise that it was needed to complete the rear yes the view most see on a day out running this engine at the time running 666BHP and 580 lbs torque

So the first thing we set about as with many of our cars was the rear ..and we soon Offered up the first rear pannel Fender ..

as you can see its wide and I started to think how we were going to fill them arches out !!! not that i didnt know this was coming ..

I was kindly loaned a pair of Wheels from a fellow wide GTR33 enthusiast Stu Williams at SW autos and as you can see how well they worked here

once the trial fitting was done on both the rear arches I had one of thoes moments of madness with the filler cap and although I had the original Veilside item I decided to go for a race type filler ....come back to that in a moment

Running wide wheels ment that they would rub on the arches so We set about removing and welding up the inner and outer skins to allow for this

As you can see the start of the fuel filler cap started there so back to that and the fabrication of this exiting part of the project ..

So with the rears blended and ready for high build primer

Cupa tea time and Upload

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front fenders on and alligned with the border bonnet

here you can see our logo on the wing and you can see just how great the fit is too ..

At this point I had the option of 2 bumpers we supply to do the job ..I went for the TRIAL force racing bumper and new some fabrication was going to be needed to fit the width of them front wings and the results were dare I say spot on

dont get much better that that ..

So here is a pre paint pic

and some with primer ..

the wheels had arrived by now and calculated from endless measuring of the front and rear arches and using the original borrowed image wheel ..And I think ..well they were spot on ..

They came to me in silver paint but on a silver car wanted something a tad hard core and aggressive

tomorrow the rear wing and prep for paint ..hope your enjoying the thread and see how much hard work goes into these types of project

cheers Gary

so out came the satin black !!

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Don't worry fella, she'll be home soon :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next edition of your write up ... get on with it man!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok..the boot aero was decision decision time ...seen alot of cars which have been set up for track use and the like with GT WING ...I had imported a carbon 76" GT wing which the central uprights..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come back to that GT wing in a moment ..

so to the icing in the cake the paint ....Im a great fan of Silver as my first GTS was silver and my first GTR33 was silver ..as i dont get ored with that colour we thought we would create our own silver so we set about finishing her in this colour ..

heres the wing we ended up with

and my favorite picture to finish

the project car is on going when shes back from RSP with the rb30 I will probably set about replacing the Trial force bumper for the original veilsid item I have now along with the original boot wing like this

hence the reason im looking for the original rear bumper as it may as well be on there ...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have these kits and now these wheels available through Japsalon..offering fitting and painting service please feel free to ask any questions if you are interested in one of the best looking wide bodykits around ..but hey thats just my opinion guys ..

We also now work closley with a wheel company who manufactures the wheels for these cars here are the latest wheels ..

based on the G7 .. think these are awesome and a set will be replacing the black ones on my Car that were stolen from my workshop between xmas day and boxing day last year ..if there is any one out there that may poss know where they are there is a £500 reward ..

So thats it really ...hope you enjoyed the build thread ..will update you on the suspension set up and the engine install ..

cheers Gary

·
Registered
571 Posts
Awesome Build thread! :thumbsup: I love the widness of this R32, looks good!

Sorry that your black wheels got stolen, they looked nice. As for your new ones, they are UBER WIDE!!!

Good luck with finding the rear spoiler and bumper, that would set it off a treat.

666bhp, is quite fitting for Godzilla..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Marko the japaneese used to cut up the outer skin of the fender and then fold the inner skin up over the ouside and weld it up ..Think theres a pic further back on the thread to show ..

cheers Gaz

1 - 20 of 24 Posts