1,415 Posts
spl

Are you considering one or two ?
Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaning towards a Dual Setup but have not seen spec's on the turbines. How much BHP are I looking at generating through a single?I have heard good things about these turbos and looking for some more information on them and opinions before i fork over some cash.Thx all information is welcomed.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
big

They are big turbos,I could not tell you what they are rated at exactly but it must be in the region of 500ps ps per turbo, hks do them I will confirm it from my catalouge for you tommorow, I have heard about the veillside spls though and they are rated higher and are sopposed the be the top dog
Gary

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
found

Just found a point of reference for you www.ExViTermini.com THE skyline guru Mario has over 1340 bhp at 3 bar with those turbos, kinda good dont you think:)
Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes just a tad lol. Do you know of any place online that actually sells them? I have check out there site and thats how i got interested in them. But addition information if very slim on these turbos. Not even Veilside or HKS on there japanese or english sites carry information on them.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
turbos

If you pm me your proposed spec list, I can advise you of the information you require:)
Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking at about 1200hp. 1/4 mile time 9.5 and also for the turbo wonder with the A/R is on them. What Rpms are we looking at for the turbines to start building up.. and when is full psi achieved?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and also where are they avavible to purchase. Also cost is someone of a concern but it is not a major one.Is there a site online that would give me access to there purchase, Thank you for you time

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
pm

Have pm for you
Gary

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
nah

nah
your personal message box , bottom of the main page , mind you it is pm over here:D
gary

·
Registered
46 Posts
rated for 500ps?????????? it's bigger than the hks 3240 and one of those is good for around 800ps worth of air........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: found

gary said:
Just found a point of reference for you www.ExViTermini.com THE skyline guru Mario has over 1340 bhp at 3 bar with those turbos, kinda good dont you think:)
Gary
I was following up the building process of this car as it is a local car...im kinda shocked at the ammount of boost that is needed for it to get that power and that time.....although it's first shakedown pass (which i have an mpeg of and can also be downloaded in the movies section of www.exvitermini.com) was 9.75 @141mph and he was running only 1.5 bar boost.....(so they claimed)

By the way r34dreamer, it depends on how much boost you are running, if you are running around 2 bar or something, full boost wont be achieved untill 6000rpm (or around there), and when it comes on, it hits you hard.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Check out the for sale section, I have an 87mm bore R34 short engine advertised with the highest grade of internal components that HKS sell:- billet crank, "H" section rods and forged pistons.

This set-up is I beleive good for 11,000 RPM and almost any power you can throw at it.

If you are serious about big power, this has got to be worth considering.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
3240 hks

HKS3240 is rated at 580 ps in their catalouge so yes the 3540 spls would flow more but I dont have specific details, have you used them sphynx ?

Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
997 Posts
T78`s

Try a pair of T78`s,twelve injectors,a couple of big bosh fuel pumps and awaaaaaaayyyyyyyy you go.Get a parachute on the back as well.

Henry.;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im not sure what catalogue you have seen them in but im sure that the hks 3240's are good for around 850ps worth of air. Some of the 9 second 1/4 mile cars in japan use them in a twin set up but running them on rather conservative boost levels, but still producing large power levels ( i read about an r33 which was running 1.6 bar boost and had over 1200ps and it was consistantly running mid 9's). Cars equipped with 3540's e.g HKS r33 drag car, GTR-700 (the car from ww.exvitermini.com), and one or two rh9 cars are capable of running low 8 second passes, seeing GTR-700's last shakedown pass was 9.75 @ 141mph running at only 1.5 bar boost, imagine if he ran full boost (what it was built to handle), which is over 3 bar (3 bar boost = 40.5 psi). Im sure that GTR-700, if allowed to run at it's maximum power could very well reach into the 8 second area. Seeing now it is undergoing a gear box change (from holinger sequential six to a 2 speed powerglide auto) it won't be doing very many 1/4 mile passes. So the i guess you've underestimated the 3240's, as i have read up on cars with massive power outputs with 3240's (even in single setup, because there was a car which had a single 3240 running at only 1 bar boost which had around 1000ps...but that was a v8 so that is a diferent matter.), and as for the 3540's, i would be scared to use them to their full potential. Anyways im kinda getting off topic here....so i'll finish this before i start bragging about other project cars i've seen with massive outputs from 3240's and smaller turbos than that. If you are interested then you can pm me or just post here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
HKS own rating (probably a bit conservative) for the GT3240 is 580 ps.

This is the catalogue. You can see they are smaller than the T04R, let alone the T51R's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts