GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about Ecutek version 7,ive seen its being put on the dyno sheets at litchfields,any news anyone?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
From what I***8217;ve read the main end user changes you***8217;d notice are improved TC and launch control.

Usually each update includes back end interface improvements for the tuner as well.

I have been told (but not corroborated) that phase 7 had some issues that needed resolving. That may go some way to explain the lack of publicity at the moment.

If you are on Ecutek why not speak with your tuner for their opinion and updated features?

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
I should be having it on my car soon. Iain Litchfield seemed enthused about it and said the main improvements were on traction and launch control as Andy said above

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I should add I***8217;ve had phase 7 on mine for a couple of weeks from Litchfields and on full blat TC is superb.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I'm on V5 so may give it a go in Oct at the next service.

One thing I have learnt is, don't jump in immediately for the upgraded map, leave it a few months, every version has had early bugs that needed ironing out ...

·
Registered
416 Posts
My car had a beta version 7 for a couple of months and it***8217;s just gone back for some fine tuning. No major issues as such being an early adopter but Iain seemed to think they***8217;ve progressed further with the fine tuning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The above 2 posts were mine. I just locked myself out of my old account somehow and can't access the junk email I set up. Anywho...hi....again. ***x1f601;

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The OP is asking what improvements there may be going from Phase 6 to Phase 7, not what it***8217;s like going from stock to ecutek remap as appears to be the case with your situation.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I'm on V5 so may give it a go in Oct at the next service.

One thing I have learnt is, don't jump in immediately for the upgraded map, leave it a few months, every version has had early bugs that needed ironing out ...
I would suggest that this what Litchfields have been doing since Easter (ish) time.

They’ve spent a lot of Dyno time on this ecutek phase version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Besides Litchfield (no reply to emails), who would you guys recommend to remotely tune with ecutek, especially the TCM tune.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hopefully this will allow us to apply power while going downhill and round a corner.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you. Also have a 17 but only with midpipe. Wanting mild power increase, and advanced traction control mods.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts