1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Was fans working in the dyno cell? IT(Intake temps) of 36 degrees ??? 9 degrees above the AT (air temp)! I'd be looking to re-run it with some sensible AT & IT figures to get more acurate readings.

I suspect a 250HP increase over 300rpm will be a nightmare on the road, probably break something. TBH, the graph just doesnt look right at all ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
didnt you drive it yet?

full boost by 4800 is 2530 territory with more power, but not as an on/off switch hehe. could be dangerous on the street. could there have been some slippage on the dyno somewhere

·
Registered
241 Posts
nice numbers...........
you said full boost 4,800rpm...... how much boost ?

Next week I will go to dyno and test the PTB-RB26-FTU turbo that seems to have a similar billet tecnology that your 88HTA turbo.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the boost graph in case anyone want to know.
No AFR graph because the AF Probe seems to be a bit funny, it is saying we are doing 13:1 AFR when clearly we aren't.
(You can tell by the amount of black smoke! :cool: )
Unless we are doing 13:1 AFR, 2.0bar of boost, and not get any det. This is tuned on V-Power by the way.

That is why we turn the ignition back a few degrees and will do a final tune on it once we get a new AF Probe.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
its just the boost coming in, that will feel awesome if it will grip :)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
your car is going to be like crack cocaine - sure, it's not the most practical way to get from A to B, but the hit will be to die for :D

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your car is going to be like crack cocaine - sure, it's not the most practical way to get from A to B, but the hit will be to die for :D
When was the last time a GTR was a practical way to get from A to B? :nervous:

Unless we are talking about from one end of the drag strip to the other end. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
gtst shocks

hi mate

just a quick note met you bhp show told me to pm you,

coilovers for r33 gtst said you'd be getting new stock soon

jason

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Looks quite similar to how the old big T-series turbos used to come in on Skylines, how big singles earnt a bad rep basically. The T04R turbos and to some extent the T04Zs often produce a similar curve to that, funny that yours is essentially called the "T4Z"...

People usually used the T04Rs as a drag/street turbo though I believe there are guys using T04Zs for track, so long as you have 4WD its probably manageable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts