GTR Forum banner

Very Happy New Member

1K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  U K55P UP 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I picked up a used GTR last week and just wanted to say how blown away with it I am. I've owned fast cars before: Z4M, Cayenne S, Cooper S JCW, Pulsar Etc but this takes it to a whole new level - like nothing I have ever driven before!

I had wanted one for years and has been well worth the wait

Just looking forward to some good weather now :)

Josh

#4 ·
Welcome :)

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

It's a MY2012 in white with Recaro's, pretty much standard other than a few carbon bits.

Is there anything you would recommend doing as a new GTR owner? It had its 24 month service at Kaizer (albeit about two months early) two weeks ago. I also had an inspection done there - we'll worth the £100 and Sly is a very knowledgeable chap! I'm also thinking about having it detailed and paint protected at Griffiths

#11 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.

It's a MY2012 in white with Recaro's, pretty much standard other than a few carbon bits.

Is there anything you would recommend doing as a new GTR owner?
There is a pretty well trodden path for mods on these cars.

First thing to do is say how you won't be modding it as it's already fast enough and after about a month progress to modding to stage 4.

Well that's if the rabble on here are anything to go by... :chuckle:

#9 ·
I'm sure he can. I got my white my10 detailed by Pwpro about 6 months ago and it looked epic. Just waiting on some carbon to arrive from japan to finish the look off at the mo.

You planning on tuning at all? I'd highly recommend an exhaust and remap to unleash a few extra ponies and make it sound a bit better :smokin:

#13 ·
Welcome.

Chris will be able to sort you out. He has just moved into a new building so give him a call.

Simple Y pipe and stage one would probably be a good place to start. Mine has a Ypipe and I will probably get it stage 1'd next year as I've had ecutek software on other cars and was really impressed with it. Make sure you get some track days in or go on the CAT driver training course its really good and you will learn a load about the way the car behaves.

#16 ·
Hi guys,

I picked up a used GTR last week and just wanted to say how blown away with it I am. I've owned fast cars before: Z4M, Cayenne S, Cooper S JCW, Pulsar Etc but this takes it to a whole new level - like nothing I have ever driven before!

Had mine a couple of weeks now, and know exactly what you mean.. For all the swapping and changing cars i have done in the last few years, i could have had a new GTR,

Waiting for the sun here too!!!

#17 ·
Hi guys,

Had mine a couple of weeks now, and know exactly what you mean.. For all the swapping and changing cars i have done in the last few years, i could have had a new GTR,

Waiting for the sun here too!!!
I echo that... I have chopped and changed over the past several years, however once I have a GTR it will be a keeper....Its sunny today (well in Dorking anyway) so get out and drive the car!!!!!!:D:D

#22 ·
Finally got some sun today and managed to finish work early so took it for a spirited drive : ) I took it relatively steady and even so it was absolutely incredible! Not loving the 110 miles to 3/4 tank though! lol

Went via Griffiths Detailing and asked him what he would recommend. He didn't think it needed much but I'm gonna just go with his "gold treatment" and be done. I was very impressed by him and he had a very nice Aventador in too

Haha yea I had thought a lot about modding it before I bought it and for the time being it is plenty quick enough! But who knows in a couple of months time. Although I do find it weird how quiet it is so I might get myself down to Litchfield's for a Y-pipe

By the way does putting the left toggle switch into "R" mode put a different map on?

#25 ·
Left one is the transmission. In R mode the gear changes are quicker in manual and a bit more sporty in auto. If you pop it in R and gearbox in auto and drive with spirit you'll get the car rev matching on downshifts which is pretty cool. I tend to stick with manual gears though and all three switches in R mode...unless the roads are wet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.