GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sean said:
Very naughty claiming 4WD and AWS definately looks like a Gts from the front end
i thought that and the interior is all GTS cloth and seats. Also the tyre sizes indicates RWD (larger on the rear)

I have e-mailed him (not snotty) and I hope he changes it.

:)

·
6,821 Posts
It's a wided arch GTS with RB26 swap . . . . comon in Japan, but no more worth a penny.:p

·
Registered
509 Posts
ebay is full of missleading adverts like this.

To be honest though, it may sound harsh but if someone buys that thinking it's a genuine GTR then they desrve it.

I emailed a guy the other day selling a '22b sti' (which was just a wagon) to ask if he was actually selling a 22b and why there were pictures in his advert of mearly an Impreza Wagon. The reply I got was "maybe in Japan they come in diffrent colours and in estates"

A lot of it is down to the dvla naming of imports on the v5, you get all sorts of stuff (including impreza wagons being called 22b's etc) But it does pi55 me off when people don't even know what they are selling.

You get people all the time selling wrx's as sti's, even when you confirm the chassis code isn't sti they still ignore you.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
a lot of dvla documents are to be fair wrong, some , no scratch that, a lot of people out there dont even know what they are owning, so in reality they may actually believe it.

Being knowledgeable we should just keep letting them know that wat they actually think in most cases is not what they have in their possession.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That R34 scam is just plain ridiculous...

You would have at least thought that if he was going to pull that stunt, he would have made the 34 a more 'realistic' price..

Only a complete mug would expect to get a 34 for under 4 grand...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks like a GTS to me,

I sold a supra on ebay and a week later after i sold it for £12000 it re-appeared for buy it now 4k.

Emailed the seller and he was apparently abroad in the army but send the money via western union he would then import it, i asked him how he managed to have a car like mine parked outside a house like mine and also a mum just like mine in the background..

Unlucky man...

Thought only i had that Shite to put up with..

It annoys me as ive had grief selling mine on ebay due to these scammers..

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I only buy stuff from ebay that i can go and inspect firstly, i.e. in this country..

Best to drive a few miles to make sure all is well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The 34 is either a misprint that's supposed to read £38,000, or someone is having a laugh. Who'd sell an R34 for £3,000 even if it was a stolen and recovered vehicle.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The member has a pretty good feedback rating though... But someone has emailed him asking why its so cheap, he gave the response "email me". So I dont think its been mistyped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts