GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to Santa Pod today and i can tell you i am not a happy chap.
Just because i ran a 9.93, That means i am in the pro class at Rotorstock WTF!!.

So now i will be running against the real cut and shut spaced framed drag cars.

My car is a road car i do take it to the shops, And i do collect the boys from school. It fits 4 adults in it.

The thing is that pisses me off most is. There are drag cars running in the street class that dont even run on the road.

Bad enough that Tim and Keith have to run against full tube cars maybe thats why they are not going this weekend

What chance do i ever have on winning anything in this fooking car!!

A very mad Mick

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
well if it makes you feel any better, you can have a chat with me and tell me how to make my 33 even half as fast as yours.....:D

in all seriousness though, that sucks, they seem to make up the rules as they go along, pissed a lot of the scooby boys off last yeah i know, be thankful they arent making you run a chute yet!! small graces!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Mick - don't worry about it mate. Don't go there to compete with the other cars running, go there to try and improve on your 9.93. If you come back having beaten your previous best then it's a success :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Mick

Is that the reason why Team Cowie has been removed from the pod website Keith was on there last week as a Pro Competitor.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mick - don't worry about it mate. Don't go there to compete with the other cars running, go there to try and improve on your 9.93. If you come back having beaten your previous best then it's a success :)
But Daz mate.

I wanted to win the street class or try to win.

Just well fooked off now.

Mick

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
what kind of times were the street class cars running because if there are a few in there running really low 10's then i would be pretty pissed off too.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
But Daz mate.

I wanted to win the street class or try to win.

Just well fooked off now.

Mick
I appreciate that mate, completely. Yours is a proper road going Skyline (a BLOODY fast one) with a full interior, etc and should (obviously) be in the street class (it's somewhat ridiculous that you've been put in a Pro Drag class). But, if you can't get into the streetclass, just try and improve on your own time...if you set a personal best then you are still going to come away feeling positive :squintdan

·
Registered
590 Posts
Glad to see you are in the street class mate, where this car belongs!!

I think there should be more points to define the difference between what constitutes a pro class & street class cars other than just there ET :flame: :flame:

I can vouch for this car being a regularly driven street car as i'm sure can a good few others, 99% of the time it is driven to events dragged all day & driven home again.

On the way home from TOTB the wagon breaks down, so we stop at the pod, unload the car, run a 9sec 1/4 & then drive it home leaving the wagon behind!:smokin: :smokin:

Good luck for the weekend mate few beers saturday night I reckon!!

Nick

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tim & Keiths cars are hardly street driven cars especially Tims thats a dedicated drag car .If they were down in New Zealand they would be run in our top import group of tube drags cars as well.Reeses car was always pitted against other tubed imports as well.

Just of interest what is the fastest import ET in the Uk in RWD ?

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Mick. At the end of the day it's your choice and if you are going to run in an event which is clearly not designed for your car maybe you're wasting your time. Up to you whatever you do, but I know what I'd do.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just because i ran a 9.93, That means i am in the pro class at Rotorstock WTF!!.
Do they judge wether your in pro class or not by the time you have ran or some other yardstick. I've seen your car and it deffo looks a street car to me:confused:

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is just plain wrong. So because you do well in a class you get moved to another class where quite possibly you would be less competitive

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
:confused: Seems daft :confused:

How on earth can they then ask you potentially to change the car to the proposed new rules :confused: ie/ chute, cage etc etc when it's a road car ????????

I personally would sod it Mick & run whatever class you want !!

·
Registered
263 Posts
So who has made this rule . Pod or MRC . IMO it is not up to Pod , they are just the venue , the organisers of the event make the rules , unless of course they play the "SAFETY" card

1 - 20 of 56 Posts