GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Peter,

Thank you for organizing such a great day at Kemble. The weather was perfect and it was great to see all the like minded people all in one place again.

The track was a great improvment over the last time and I think Easytrack did a great job.

Come on guy's, lets hear it for Peter.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Jamie M

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Pete E

Yeah I'll second that Jamie.

Top man Pete. Good day. Nice to see everyone had fun.

glen

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'll 3rd that one Jamie !!

Great job Pete, I can't wait for the next one now !!!

And huge thanks to RobG for taking me along and out on the track yesterday.

p.s. my video efforts of the day haven't come out too bad either !!

See everyone again soon.

Shaun. :D

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peter it's working!!!!:D :D

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well Done Peter E

Top Day out:D

Even though We had a Slow Start (Just as well Because Phil and I We still suffering from the bottle of JD form the night before)

Kembel is a fun day out and I would Like to say on behalf of My self and My guest we had a lot of fun :D :D

Thank you Peter E

Kembel Take 3 some time early next year ?

Bruce

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice one Peter

Just like to quickly thank Peter for sorting out another top day out for us all - thanks for the ride too!!!
I managed to go out in a few other cars (Thanks Bruce, Jamie and Stuart)
Got a few goods pics for the site as well
It's always good to put a few faces to names as well
Track was much better this time - much more open
Shame about the disorganisation (again) from Easytrack - we need to get on the case with them as half the day was a complete washout, the track was filthy(I thought they promised to clean it), air traffic was not cancelled - I don't think us having the whole runway was ever on the cards

Still - Excellent day - glad to have been a part of it!!!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Sorry

Phil.

Sorry i didn't run you round. Only went out twice meself so apologies.

glen

Oh and top stuff from Jamie at the hairpin :D :smokin: .

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Excellent Day

Cheers for organising Peter.
Thanks for the rides Peter and Jon.
I feel sorry for Jamies tyres, they were shagged! Cool powerslides though!
My mates and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, don't forget, it was free to spectate, and get passenger rides.
Shame about the noise limit being changed. Mikes exhaust sounded cool, if not a little on the loud side. How many db's was it on the first test? 110? what exhaust is it mike?
Forgot to find out who the 'now famous' Phil was. I think I remember him jumping in Jamies car.
Thanks for the OB Bruce. Xanthe's driving was impressive (hope I have spelled the name right).
Cheers to eveyone else who turned up!

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tyre's

Fitted four new SO3's Yesterday!

Cost £707.00 Fitted from Micheldever. I could have got away with just one new Tyre (offside front), but I don't like mixing tyres.

They have almost eliminated tramlining at the expence of a slightly (and I mean slightly) vague strait ahead feel.

So I now have three 245/40/18 RE40's for sale that have done 3000 road miles and one track day. I would say they have about 6000 to 8000 road miles left in them.

No reasonable offer refused!

Guy, thanks for helping to balance my during our sideways action!

JM.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice one!!

Peter,

Once again a fun day with much frivolity and major frollicks!!:D ..and yes I have been drinkling heavily...

Good to put faces to all the names and quite frankly even though i'm car-less at the minute, i enjoyed this seesion more than the last. the wee ride in the OS Giken helped alot:smokin: What a beast.

Another good job Peter, cheers!:) :)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Thanks again for the kind words although some of you may have noticed that Jamie 'sideways' M started this thread before the day even started. :rolleyes:

Two attempts and still a zero success rate for a full day of what we were after. As Guy mentioned, the delay was not of ET's making and they did send the marshalls off for an early lunch so that once we did get going, there were no further interruptions. The track layout was much better this time (still room for improvement though) although very dirty again when we started. No runway although this again was, we understand, out of ET'S control.

Overall it was a good day I think with, in the end, plenty of track time for everybody who wanted it. Personally I think having a few other makes join in added to the day. It's a pity we couldn't do the head to heads with them. Jamie was on form (is he ever not?) and sure showed us all how to get ones rear end out of shape....:rolleyes:

Is it worth having another attempt I wonder for December (between Cristmas and the New Year) or early next year? Kemble is by no means the ideal circuit for the Skyline but it does make for a relaxed day out where we can meet and have a bit of fun. I'll get some dates, costs, etc. and put up the details in a week or so.

I will start a separate thread for this but I'm doing Brands Hatch with ET on Wednesday 12th December. Anybody else fancy it? They've got 16+ places left at the moment so if there were a few of us interested, I could approach ET for a discount...? It's on the Indy circuit which is fairly short but it's still a great circuit to drive. Noise never seems to be an issue there.

I'm trying to track down two people who drove but didn't pay on Saturday. As soon as this is resolved, I'll be able to let everybody know how the money side worked out and whether refunds are likely to be forthcoming or not.

Peter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think another visit would be acceptable :D - start a poll!
Glen - no prob - get you next time!
If anyone is interested I have an extremley rare 'photo from the day - a one off I think
It features GLEN, DRIVING HIS CAR, ROUND A CORNER!!!!
Never seen before - looking for 500 UK pounds
:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Corners

Brrrrrrrrrrr felt ill.

Not as ill as Henry looked when he thought he was getting kicked out :D . I don't know you just can't take him and Gary anywhere. Bloody troublemakers ;) .

glen.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Crap Drivers

So your calling Henry and Gary crap drivers are you. I don't know Alan I thought we was all mates on here.

glen

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BRANDS HATCH

IF WE CAN GET A GOOD DEAL I'M TOTALLY UP FOR IT.

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR RAIN AS PADDOCK IN THE WET IS JUST ONE LONG SLIDE.

Just bought a set of Enkei 18/9.5 magnezium wheels from Middlehurst which are fresh of the race car! 6.5KG each and look great having only been used for a total of 4 hours!

Feeling very smug indeed as new they are over £1100 each, anyone who knows me will know that I did'nt pay anywhere near that!

Slicks are next purchase!

I love it when a plan comes together!

JM

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
No No No No No No No No No No No :eek:

You got me all wrong Glen!

We had a blast on the way home.

Crusing in places and quick in others.

Its always a pleasure never a chore to drive along side anybody from here. :D

Best regards Alan :cool: