GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Anyone know where i can buy VF34 CHRA's ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Try Andy @ ACSpeedTech

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Thanks JohnnyG,

Yes I've a few options... A basic VF34 upgrade, the Turbo dynamics stage 1 upgrade or my own spec very custom VF34 based option in testing at the moment.
Also the Owen Developments HTA option or an EFR option if you're looking to push a bit further in the future or want an 'ultimate' setup on the stock motor.
Drop me an email with what you're looking for and I can advise further :)

Andy

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As the subject say i'am only interested in the VF34 CHRA cartridge not the complete turbo... So where can I buy this ?
"The center hub rotating assembly (CHRA) houses the shaft that connects the compressor impeller and turbine. It also must contain a bearing system to suspend the shaft, allowing it to rotate at very high speed with minimal friction. For instance, in automotive applications the CHRA typically uses a thrust bearing or ball bearing lubricated by a constant supply of pressurized engine oil. The CHRA may also be considered "water-cooled" by having an entry and exit point for engine coolant. Water-cooled models use engine coolant to keep lubricating oil cooler, avoiding possible oil coking (destructive distillation of engine oil) from the extreme heat in the turbine. The development of air-foil bearings removed this risk."

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts