GTR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Daz GTI-R said:
Top secret certainly put one in a Supra (still got a feature on it somewhere), wouldn't know whether Jun have done it as well though...

Daz
Ah... Top Secret that was it... Wonder how much that conversion costs?... :p

·
Registered
426 Posts
Trey said:

The Jun Supra took part in the E/BGCC class it seems that record is held by:

E/BGCC Stringfellow & Kirk - Jim Kirk '01 248.938MPH

The JUN Akira Supra ran at over 249mph (over 270 on less resistant Asphalt!) using a 2JZ-GTE engine with 2x T-78 Turbo's forcing through enough air for over 1400hp (est)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The JUN Akira Supra ran at over 249mph (over 270 on less resistant Asphalt!) using a 2JZ-GTE engine with 2x T-78 Turbo's forcing through enough air for over 1400hp (est)
Yes, I've been trying to find out how come the Supra doesnt hold the current E/BGCC class record - maybe it didnt produce the results on the day.

·
Banned
30 Posts
I am currently trying to work out how to fit an RB26 DET engine in my 180 SX. :)

My main problem I face is that I don't know which gearbox and rear diff to use. Any help on this will be much appreciated. :)

:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Keep your standard Diff, use an R33 GTS gearbox with a custom prop, and GTS front subframe. You can use an SR20 box but strength maybe an issue. Space will be a massive problem on the s13's around the turbo's as the RB26 turbo's are set an an angle putting them very close to the suspension tower / chassis rail.
RB25 would be a lot less hassle mate as I'm gradually finding out, without giving to much away;)

·
Banned
30 Posts
Yeah, the single T was intentional, as I was thinking about putting one larger turbo on instead of the two smaller ones. I thought it could save some valuable space.

Cost is a major issue now. I've spent all morning doing my 'sums' and it seems that it is just going to be too expensive for me at the moment, so the idea is going on the back burner...so to speak. :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Where do you get the engine from and what are the costs?
I have a programmable management system, I only need the engine and the manifolds

·
Registered
554 Posts
Mad Man Dan said:
I am currently trying to work out how to fit an RB26 DET engine in my 180 SX. :)

My main problem I face is that I don't know which gearbox and rear diff to use. Any help on this will be much appreciated. :)

:)
Mate - the std diff is ok, but Im finding it to be a bit long....

The R33 GTS dif is as far as I know, an R200 casing (same as S13/S14), but it is active - meaning that its open, until it detects slip, at whichpoint it locks up.....sort of, kinda thing, maybe :D Anyway, the GTS' run approx 4.3 or 4.4:1 final drive ratio. Im just now trying to find a comparable diff.....

I had a custom prop made up and also custom front pipe/IC piping.

Im finding out this week how much the guy wants for the R33 GTR engine for ya (with the loom).
I think I still have your number. Ill call, or PM ya.;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
ECU

JohnD said:
Where do you get the engine from and what are the costs?
I have a programmable management system, I only need the engine and the manifolds
John, care to tell us what programmable system you have ?

Andre.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am not that far with the car yet.
There are not many dyno centers in the Netherlands who can do it, a turbo engine isn't easy.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts