GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted this Cusco master cylinder bracket, courtesy of Tim @ SVS.

Having just fitted the AP 6 pot kit, I felt that there was a fair bit of flexing going on. This certainly stiffens things up quite a lot.

Peter.

PS. Glen, and it's sort of Bayside Blue.... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cusco master cylinder bracket

hello peter,

i just fitted the exact same part last week..........was surprised about the noticeable diff.

and of coz i like the colors.......hehehehe.

michael.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Peter...so how are the Aps then?
And if anyone knows, what is ment by floating discs?? Is this the same principle as the front discs on most racing bikes? What is the benefit of fitting these to a cer?

...sorry about all the questions:(

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APs.

Hi Dino,

I'm still bedding them in at the moment so I haven't tried them in 'anger' yet but they seem fine. Having suffered with brake judder problems over the past 3 or 4 months, it's nice to have some brakes which feel so smooth!

I was advised not to go for floating discs as they tend to become non-floating discs in fairly quick time unless they are stripped down frequently and cleaned. Apparently, they are more for racing applications.....

Rgds.

Peter.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Floating Disc

Peter
I run a Brembo single floating disc on my supermoto bike.
The only problem I have found is that I have lost 1 or 2 of the buttons that conect the disc to the carrier.
They are easily replaceable and cost around £2 each.
Something you might want to look out for.
Thats my experience of floaters for the record.
They seem to work very well but do clunk very very slightly when cold which you probably won,t here inside the car anyway.
Hope you have fun
Best regards:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts