GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,there is a small video from our last trackvisit for 2009.....

It was very cold,only 0 degrees outside and still a very damp track.....everything under 2 minutes is very fast at F1 Track in Hockenheim....a GT3 can hardly go under 1.58 without a pro driver,a stock GT2 cant go much under 1.56 with a pro driver,id say,all with perfect conditions....1.54,79 is unbelievable for me,as we didnt even push the GTR hard,most corners can be done 10-20km/h faster,one corner can be done 30km/h faster....its hard to believe,but we were just rolling around and have not been out for a fast lap yesterday....no need to crash the GTR in those bad conditions;)

YouTube - Hockenheimring Touristenfahrten 13.12.09 im Importracing Nissan GTR

Best regards
Alex

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great video and fantastic driving, the speed differential between you and the other cars was amazing, but cant believe you did not wear a helmet or that the marshalls let you.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great video and fantastic driving, the speed differential between you and the other cars was amazing, but cant believe you did not wear a helmet or that the marshalls let you.
When doing Tourist driving on german racetracks,you dont need to wear a helmet,as its all within the limits of the german rules(depends on how you use them)....i know you should wear one for safety,but i dont go any risks on that track.....it maybe looks risky sometimes,but it wasn´t....only problem is the speeddifference as you said,you´ll never know what the guy in front of you does;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very entertaining and thanks for posting - the corvette was a nuisance! -

I'd love to know what system you were using to record the images and data - and what did you do to your transmission temperature with this run - I see you got up to about 255 kph - or 153mph on the straight - damn fine effort.

I'm sure I should know from your other posts - but do you have any mods on this car (silly question!)

Thanks

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very entertaining and thanks for posting - the corvette was a nuisance! -

I'd love to know what system you were using to record the images and data - and what did you do to your transmission temperature with this run - I see you got up to about 255 kph - or 153mph on the straight - damn fine effort.

I'm sure I should know from your other posts - but do you have any mods on this car (silly question!)

Thanks
Video V-Box from Racelogic.....;)

Gearboxtemp is getting better,as i have a rear diffcooler installed,which takes some heat away from the garbox,temps are lower then without the cooler...118degree max yesterday,last weekend in the rain without cooler over 125degree ;)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice laps! :D

For ref of laptimes.. Hockenheim GP lap records - FastestLaps.com

btw.. what mods or setup is your car running..?

Cheers
Rob
Thanks....im running a KW competition suspension,fully adjustable,stock rims/tyres,full exhaust(DP´s still stock) and a slight IPOD softwareupdate....+ some AP J-hook brakediscs with carbonetic pads,a aircoolingguide for the front brakes...thats about it;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks....im running a KW competition suspension,fully adjustable,stock rims/tyres,full exhaust(DP´s still stock) and a slight IPOD softwareupdate....+ some AP J-hook brakediscs with carbonetic pads,a aircoolingguide for the front brakes...thats about it;)
Not a lot of mods really, apart from KWs.

How much difference have they made.. and in what areas ?

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hehe. Were you a lawyer in a previous life? So many almost mis-truths there! ;)

Which brake cooling guide do you use?
And which rear diff cooler? That's a big drop in temps, albeit on different days. What was the ambient temp the day it went to 125c?

My Akrapovic arrives at the workshop tomorrow, can't wait to get it on!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
David.....glad you get the Akrapovic soon...you will love it,im sure:thumbsup:

I made my own brake cooling guides,test have been very positive so they will go in production in the next days....same with the diffoilcooler....looked at the options whats available,nothing which made me happy out of the box,so i did my own cooler....:D Ambeint was a bit warmer last week,but then it was raining,so more waterspray in the gearbox area.....

Checked my temperaturstripes (which i have placed on gearbox,diff,oilcooler in and exit) a few minutes ago...last week over 150degree,now after yesterday just 115 degree max.....should help a lot.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Great drive Alex! Looking at same brake combo next year too. Will order the Akrapovich system too, having some friends i Slovenia helps to limit the damage a bit luckily.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Video V-Box from Racelogic.....;)

I guessed as much but I am baffled by the choices they offer. I'd love to have camera recording together with some data - particularly the revs, speed, gear etc.

The video you've posted is the clearest display I've seen - much better than the one I got from the race academy!! (also a racelogic I believe)

Any help on the spec / product selection would be gratefully received!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guessed as much but I am baffled by the choices they offer. I'd love to have camera recording together with some data - particularly the revs, speed, gear etc.

The video you've posted is the clearest display I've seen - much better than the one I got from the race academy!! (also a racelogic I believe)

Any help on the spec / product selection would be gratefully received!
:thumbsup:
get the biggest system with multi can channels....like i did,you just buy it once,its expensive,but on the other side,i have not seen anybody taking the money into his grave....

Or if you can live with just one Can channel,there is the cheaper Video V-Box lite out now....;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well done on driving the GT-R the way it should- overtaking on the right, on the left, through the middle of cars, you got some big balls my man...very enjoyable

·
Registered
120 Posts
EvolutionVI,

nive driving mate. I remember you Evo X around Spa also!

Btw can you give me more info about the front brake disk aircoolingguide???

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Btw can you give me more info about the front brake disk aircoolingguide???
Not yet,im still testing and maybe changing the design....it works very effective,brakes don´t overheat on track and is very simple....will be januar when its ready...;)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well done on driving the GT-R the way it should- overtaking on the right, on the left, through the middle of cars, you got some big balls my man...very enjoyable
If my wife would say that once...

Sometimes its less risk overtaking fast in the middle then driving behind them.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great driving there. looks a bit quicker on the straights than my gt-r as i remmember. did you up the boost? or is it because of the low temp and higher octane?

thanks for posting,enjoyed watching this more than other vids.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great driving there. looks a bit quicker on the straights than my gt-r as i remmember. did you up the boost? or is it because of the low temp and higher octane?

thanks for posting,enjoyed watching this more than other vids.
Everything is stock (for sure,i would never mod a GTR...),so its down to the 100octane and low temps :D;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts