GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just found a video I d-loaded a few years back of a White R34 (I belive it is/was the HKS demo car) going from a standing start to some very high speeds (5 diffferent cameras staged xxxx meters apart) I seem to remember there being a quote that it was hitting 220mph!!!

I would love to share this with you just to gauge opinions (plus, if your like me, watching it will give you goose bumps, it sounds totally awesome - like a plane!)

Any takers on hosting it? Shin? Dino? Daz? Its only 2.13 mb...

Rob

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have any ideas how i can send it? My hotmail/yahoo accounts only allow me to attach 1.5mb :(

Rob

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Assuming that you don't have an account with another ISP you can do this to send the mail:

Find the MX host for Shin's email address and then set that as the outgoing SMTP relay server in a local email client (eg Eudora, Outlook Express).

To find the MX host if you're using Windows 2000 (for example), you can use nslookup to do this. Suppose for a moment that Shin's Email address is [email protected] then you need to find the primary MX host for fastcar.com (ie the bit after the @ in the Email address) :

--8<--
c:\temp>nslookup
Default Server: thorin.middle-earth.co.uk
Address: 192.168.129.2

> set type=mx
> fastcar.com
Server: thorin.middle-earth.co.uk
Address: 192.168.129.2

Non-authoritative answer:
fastcar.com MX preference = 1800, mail exchanger = m1.dnsix.com

fastcar.com nameserver = NS1.MYDOMAIN.com
fastcar.com nameserver = NS2.MYDOMAIN.com
fastcar.com nameserver = NS3.MYDOMAIN.com
fastcar.com nameserver = NS4.MYDOMAIN.com
NS1.MYDOMAIN.com internet address = 216.148.213.141
NS2.MYDOMAIN.com internet address = 216.148.221.142
NS3.MYDOMAIN.com internet address = 216.148.213.143
NS4.MYDOMAIN.com internet address = 216.148.221.144
>
--8<--

It's the "mail exchanger" line you're interested. In this case, the MX host is m1.dnsix.com so you would put that as your SMTP server. If there are more than one mail exchanger lines, use the one with the lowest preference number. If there are more than one with the same number, just pick any one.

Oh, and type "exit" to get out of nslookup :cool:

Sorry if I confused anyone!

·
Registered
272 Posts
that was the land speed record attempt in New Zealand . Veilside had the R34 , Jun had a WRX , Top Secret had the GT300 supra ,and there was also an Evo3 , RX7 , MX5 and a Toyota Aristo . Dai Inada from Option magazine drove most of the cars (including the R34) . on the same road Owan Evans crashed his Porsche attempting the land speed record when a tire blew at 350kph .

the NZ land speed record is currently 349kph held by Owen Evans , the Veilside car did 346kph.

the name of the road is Goudies road , in Reporoa , central north island , it is a private forestry road ( hence the trees) and I sometimes travel down that road for work . I was busy on the day the Option land speed record attempt was on , I wanted to be there.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Brenhan said:
that was the land speed record attempt in New Zealand . Veilside had the R34 , Jun had a WRX , Top Secret had the GT300 supra ,and there was also an Evo3 , RX7 , MX5 and a Toyota Aristo . Dai Inada from Option magazine drove most of the cars (including the R34) . on the same road Owan Evans crashed his Porsche attempting the land speed record when a tire blew at 350kph .

the NZ land speed record is currently 349kph held by Owen Evans , the Veilside car did 346kph.

the name of the road is Goudies road , in Reporoa , central north island , it is a private forestry road ( hence the trees) and I sometimes travel down that road for work . I was busy on the day the Option land speed record attempt was on , I wanted to be there.
Reading that, I really want to see the clip!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If any of you have kazaa then you can get it off me using that WHEN IM ONLINE. If you want to know if Im on add me to your MSN list ([email protected]) and I will enable file sharing with other kazaa users for you, then perhaps someone can host it for me!!!

Rob

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kingsley, thanks for that, but unfortunately that went way over my head. And I thought I new my stuff doing an IT/Networking degree and with loads of practical experience!!!

Rob

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Kingsley, thanks for that, but unfortunately that went way over my head.
Rob,

Send me a PM with Shin's Email address and I'll tell you what to put in Outlook Express or whatever. I won't know until I know the address ...

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
Durzel will probably host it for you, if you ask him nicely (and/or just tell him to do it)

1 - 20 of 99 Posts