GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Holy $hit !

Not a fan of the pink paintjob but daaaaamn that rips off the line :)

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
**** me that gets going and sounds great! Top job!

What suspension is it running Andy?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hows

**** me that gets going and sounds great! Top job!

What suspension is it running Andy?
Silly boy, stupid question! :D - off the shelf HKS Hipermax Drag of course.

The rear still needs tweaking and I know how but we had no time to do it on the day as we were running out of time. The datalogging is logging all 4 shocks and wheels for speed as well as shaft speeds and G, all of which combined makes a heavy session of working things out and making it better but its cool going through it all. Considering the chuck-it-together-and-see setup we used, we still managed a 1.38 60ft.

The target is 1.1 60fts so although its good right now, its still way off the pace of the target.

It also pulls 2.5G in first gear:D

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Silly boy, stupid question! :D - off the shelf HKS Hipermax Drag of course.

The rear still needs tweaking and I know how but we had no time to do it on the day as we were running out of time. The datalogging is logging all 4 shocks and wheels for speed as well as shaft speeds and G, all of which combined makes a heavy session of working things out and making it better but its cool going through it all. Considering the chuck-it-together-and-see setup we used, we still managed a 1.38 60ft.

The target is 1.1 60fts so although its good right now, its still way off the pace of the target.

It also pulls 2.5G in first gear:D
How did I know you were going to say that. I've never seen a car squat like that before here in the UK. I guess it's all in the setup... ;)

2.5G is mental.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Unbelieveable for a first shakedown session Andy and thanks for sharing :bowdown1:

I really cannot wait to see this thing with the power wound up.....

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tims

:banned:
That was nearly as good as Tims.

Mick
Tims car ran a best of 1.45 60ft, we run 1.38 :squintdan

I will load up the video this week that I have of the last run we did after the 9.2 when the track was damp, was || this close to the wall :nervous:

First gear was a bit short shifted around 9000rpms but the rest of them I changed at 9500rpms, these runs were also not using the full 4WD split we have available, also worth noting is that the car is constantly 4WD unlike Attessa where the car dials into 2WD up the track, we are holding 4WD for the full length/run which is also sapping power to the fronts at the top end, this is done as we manually control the transfer case ( which is also heavily modified ) without bleeding it off at the moment.

On the day before when we go to the track we did a couple of test runs up the track to make sure the car had all the gears etc and it was pitch black - thats an experience at Pod, venturing into the dark after the finish line, without any lights on the car, inside or out!

The Toyo Drag Slick DRR1's rule! amazing tyre..was honestly dubious at first as the other manufacturers have been making drag slicks for so long but omg, Toyo just keep coming back with some really good tyres for our scene - sounds like a shameless plug but they are proving to be that good.........

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Box

thats great for 700bhp. no air shift gearbox yet?
Nope, these runs were done using the manual HKS 6 Speed H pattern dogbox, this box was in the car as we had been dyno testing etc and we cant run the airshift on the dyno.

Which reminds me, big thanks to Raef and the boys at SVA for the dyno and bending over backwards to help us out at the last minute - as usual :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Has to be said. Looks awesome. Proper stance off of the line, backside sat on the ground, looks to have a goodly amount of grip too. Well dones all around.

·
Registered
487 Posts
also worth noting is that the car is constantly 4WD unlike Attessa where the car dials into 2WD up the track, we are holding 4WD for the full length/run

<snip>

The Toyo Drag Slick DRR1's rule! amazing tyre..was honestly dubious at first as the other manufacturers have been making drag slicks for so long but omg, Toyo just keep coming back with some really good tyres for our scene - sounds like a shameless plug but they are proving to be that good.........
Wow, I didn't think you were in 4wd for all of that run, top class.

Gonna have to try those Toyo's then :D

Regards,

Gaz.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts