GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Thats sick...he's got an ok rating as well.

I can't see any reason why someone would want to sell a VIN Plate unless it was for something untoward

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
dont worry if you look through the rules Vin PLates are illegal to sell.

Its covered but doesnt have to be quick to react as they take a dim view on this.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Yeah I know it's illegal to sell - when I reported it there was an option "VIN plates" to select. However I presume that if someone tries to buy it meanwhile, the seller will get their money and the buyer will get their plate?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
can someone tell me how to report it and i will too, dont want some inocent person stuck with a ringer with a dodgy vin plate

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
mava_rules said:
can someone tell me how to report it and i will too, dont want some inocent person stuck with a ringer with a dodgy vin plate
This is what I did:
  • take a note of the item number / copy it to your clipboard / whatever
  • go to http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index_selection.html
  • choose Listing Violations option then click Continue
  • Step 1, click eBay Motors etc etc; Step 2, click Prohibited etc and VIN plates will be an option in step 3; click Continue
  • Click on the Email us link
the rest will be obvious

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
reality is that iEbay watch to see who bids on these items and then take due course to watch those people for future dealings.

If this is repeated with other Vin plates then it goes to the local authorities in that Theatre / region. In this case the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts