GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vipec has produced replacement ECU boards and adaptors for the original ECU on Mitsubishi EVO 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9. Subaru WRX 1995-96, 1997-98, 1999-00 and 2001-2007. Mazda MX5 and RX7. Toyota GT4 and MR2. Nissan SR and RB engines.

The original motherboard and connector are removed from the ECU case, and the ViPEC motherboard and connector, clips or screws into the case. The original harness plugs in and the job is done, no wiring and all original sensors are used. External view of ECU case and connector is unchanged from its stock appearance.

Most plug-in ECU have an internal 2.5 bar map sensor. Optional 7 bar map sensor available. External map sensors also supported.

Considerable gains in power across the complete RPM range can be achieved with these boards. Both road car and Group N rally car versions available.

Allows full control over fuel, ignition timing, boost pressure and all other engine functions. All boards have QuickTune software and optional Anti-lag.

All boards are supplied with base programs are available. Some final tuning will be required.

With the current price and availability of Apexi Power FC`s this is a very affordable option concidering you will not need to purchace new airflow meters etc as it is a map based system.

Available for the following models :-

R32 GTST
R32 GTR
R33 GTST
R33 GTR
R34 GTT
R34 GTR

The price is £1495 supplied, fitted and mapped with all dyno printouts etc.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These now have a 7bar map sensor on board so a external sensor is no longer needed if you wish to go over 1.5b :)

Richard

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have you mapped many of these Richard? Can they adjust the fueling on each cylinder individually? Pm is is cool, well priced too

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

I have done a good 10 of them now and even done one today :)

They have individual cylinder trims for fuel and ignition along with lots of other features.

Richard

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I heard about these last year whilst doing my efi101 course in guildford @ eurospec and heard lots of good things about them (including the politics surrounding the original creator and him scooting off from his previous employers lol). I just watched the autotune feature on youtube - that is soooo cool.
So just out of curiosity when using the quicktune feature:

you adjust afr's in each load cell for a certain rpm but do you then have to go and adjust your ign map too and can you do that via autotune?

Finally how do you monitor the knock whilst the quicktune is in action - do you just back off the gas pedal a touch till it finds the optimum afr?

finally (finally) where can I purchase a vipec v44 for my 33gtst?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I heard about these last year whilst doing my efi101 course in guildford @ eurospec and heard lots of good things about them (including the politics surrounding the original creator and him scooting off from his previous employers lol). I just watched the autotune feature on youtube - that is soooo cool.
So just out of curiosity when using the quicktune feature:

you adjust afr's in each load cell for a certain rpm but do you then have to go and adjust your ign map too and can you do that via autotune?

Finally how do you monitor the knock whilst the quicktune is in action - do you just back off the gas pedal a touch till it finds the optimum afr?

finally (finally) where can I purchase a vipec v44 for my 33gtst?

Good questions i would like to know the answer too.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
feel free to tell me off if I'm wrong in this post...

edit - gonna post a new thread up instead and get told off in that instead of crapping this advert :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Do they have knock control and the ability to knock timing back?
only if you purchase the add-on knock amplifier. The plug-in boards are waste spark, if you want direct fire ignition and all the fruit like knock amp/control then id recommend the V88 over the plug-in.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Richard
I have tried calling you for the last week almost everyday and no answer i have sent you an email 2 weeks ago as well with no answer. i will pm you my tn in case you can give me a call.
Thanks
E

1 - 10 of 10 Posts